Other than Chief Goalkick Generator....

Permabanned
Gibson was played yesterday to give Giggs a rest, that's what he does, he's a squad player the same as O'Shea is and Evans.

I would have loved to have seen all the crying United fans on here yesterday had we started with Giggs, Vidic, Evra and they had all picked up injuries for the CL semi final.

They are not United quality, they never will be but what they do is allow us to put some crap out to win a game whilst protecting our first team. We will now have a fully fit Vidic, a rested Evra and a rested Giggs for Shalke.

Soldato
"But he's got a terrific shot!"

No... just no. He's like a white Djemba Djemba.

haha

----

Gibson/Evans/Carrick need to vamoose quickly, Scholes needs to put his feet up and read the Sunday Times (he's earned it) and Fletcher needs to stop dying from illnesses.

For now most are just making up the numbers to be honest, if Fergie doesn't move most of them on or replace then we're in trouble next season+

The boss knows how to make do with what he has but the fans know most of them are not of the Quality we've come to expect.

Caporegime
haha

----

Gibson/Evans/Carrick need to vamoose quickly, Scholes needs to put his feet up and read the Sunday Times (he's earned it) and Fletcher needs to stop dying from illnesses.

For now most are just making up the numbers to be honest, if Fergie doesn't move most of them on or replace then we're in trouble next season+

The boss knows how to make do with what he has but the fans know most of them are not of the Quality we've come to expect.

Part of Uniteds strength is the squad depth, having players like Evans / Gibson et all are all there to help rest players and pad out the squad, Gibson isn't first choice.

He's young, decent and clearly has a bit about him for Fergie to keep him in the squad.

Soldato
Gibson was played yesterday to give Giggs a rest, that's what he does, he's a squad player the same as O'Shea is and Evans.

I would have loved to have seen all the crying United fans on here yesterday had we started with Giggs, Vidic, Evra and they had all picked up injuries for the CL semi final.

They are not United quality, they never will be but what they do is allow us to put some crap out to win a game whilst protecting our first team. We will now have a fully fit Vidic, a rested Evra and a rested Giggs for Shalke.

Is he significantly better than the likes of Pogba though?

Squad rotation is essential but i dont really see what the end result of Darron Gibson is. He isnt good enpough as it is, he isnt going to improve much (he is 24ish i think), he has already had the loan spell for first team football and every time he play he is borderline shocking. I dont see what we are gaining as opposed to playing a youngster.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is that the same was said about Fletcher a few years back and he ended up as a first XI player (although i maintain that was more down to luck, hard work and the Hargreaves injury than his actual ability).

Soldato
Part of Uniteds strength is the squad depth, having players like Evans / Gibson et all are all there to help rest players and pad out the squad, Gibson isn't first choice.

He's young, decent and clearly has a bit about him for Fergie to keep him in the squad.

He is not as young as people seem to think. I totally agree with your general point though. Its the "average" players turning in 10-15 games a season that wins titles. Park, O'shea, Fletcher et al probably wouldnt trouble many first XIs in our rivals but what they do is vital. However in Gibsons case im struggling to find the redeeming features.

Caporegime
He is not as young as people seem to think. I totally agree with your general point though. Its the "average" players turning in 10-15 games a season that wins titles. Park, O'shea, Fletcher et al probably wouldnt trouble many first XIs in our rivals but what they do is vital. However in Gibsons case im struggling to find the redeeming features.

oh but who else do United have to play there ?

Gibson, has some exp of playing in the first team as well, can't be underestimated.

Caporegime
We have youngsters like Cleverley, Pogba and Norwood who could do with getting a chance. Hopefully Cleverley will next season. I just don't understand in the throw away cup games why we're playing crap like Gibson instead of giving a youngster a shot.

Soldato
oh but who else do United have to play there ?

Gibson, has some exp of playing in the first team as well, can't be underestimated.

Yes but if you keep playing a bad player he becomes a bad player with experience. It shouldnt be a reason to play him.

Pogba may play equally badly but may learn from the experience and at least we gain something overall.

Caporegime
Yes but if you keep playing a bad player he becomes a bad player with experience. It shouldnt be a reason to play him.

Pogba may play equally badly but may learn from the experience and at least we gain something overall.

It's not really whats happening is it?

Gibson isn't a bad player, there are far worse out there.

I'm all up for giving the younger players a game, but I don't think a one off would do them any good in a very important game at the end of the season.

Fergie knows what he's doing.

I personally, would expect to see some of the younger player given a chance next season as I hope United will have a big clear out in the summer.

Permabanned
Or in the real world his confidence will be shot and he may well not benefit from being thrown in the first team.

I can see Cleverley getting a few games next season as he's used to the PL now and can cut it with the big boys so to speak, Pogba on the other hand isn't ready (yet)

At the end of the day Fergie tends to know when younger players are ready to step up and we are more likely to see more of Welbeck, Macheda and Cleverley.

Caporegime
I can't help but feel Macheda is gone, sounds like he's been pretty crap in Italy (1 in 14 :eek: ) and he's never been much of a scorer for us. Such a shame, but it feels like he hasn't developed since he came into the team. Perhapos one more loan at an EPL club next season, would like to see Welbeck and Cleverley stay though.

Caporegime
I do look forward to seeing more of Cleverley and Macheda / Welbeck next season, or I hope they get much more time next season.

Cleverley is looking like a tidy footballer.

Permabanned
Macheda might well be shipped out but my point was that there are players that are further developed that will get a look in before the likes of Pogba.

Caporegime
Macheda is good on FM tbh /back on topic.

What did United fans expect of him? He was a World Class youngster a season or so back wasn't he Sham? :p

Felt the weight of expectation? Crushed under it?

I thought he looked good and he might just be still very raw, could benefit from another season on loan, maybe in the premiership at another club.

Back
Top Bottom