Other than Chief Goalkick Generator....

Soldato
It's not really whats happening is it?

Gibson isn't a bad player, there are far worse out there.

I'm all up for giving the younger players a game, but I don't think a one off would do them any good in a very important game at the end of the season.

Fergie knows what he's doing.

I personally, would expect to see some of the younger player given a chance next season as I hope United will have a big clear out in the summer.

Of course SAF knows what he is doing. Im not doubting that for a minute. However you notice the disappearance of Obertan and Bebe from the first team picture based on the fact that they were totally honking every time they got a chance?

Im just questioning why Gibson can be equally shocking (and he was yesterday) and yet it doesnt seem to stunt his progress in the same way.

Soldato
I can't help but feel Macheda is gone, sounds like he's been pretty crap in Italy (1 in 14 :eek: ) and he's never been much of a scorer for us. Such a shame, but it feels like he hasn't developed since he came into the team. Perhapos one more loan at an EPL club next season, would like to see Welbeck and Cleverley stay though.

I think there are issues about Machedas attitude. I'll say no more for fear for being derided for it but he may haqve thought he "made it" before he actually did.

I thought Cleverley looked ****-hot last preseason and was unlucky not to be part of the squad this season.

Caporegime
Of course SAF knows what he is doing. Im not doubting that for a minute. However you notice the disappearance of Obertan and Bebe from the first team picture based on the fact that they were totally honking every time they got a chance?

Im just questioning why Gibson can be equally shocking (and he was yesterday) and yet it doesnt seem to stunt his progress in the same way.

Bebe has looked very raw when I've seen him play, too raw for a first team and ObiWan didn't looked quite up to speed, he looked like a very light weight Ronaldo, all tricks no end product blah blah, not in terms of ability.

Fergie does know what he's doing which is probably why Gibson is in the squad and not those :p

I think there are issues about Machedas attitude. I'll say no more for fear for being derided for it but he may haqve thought he "made it" before he actually did.

I thought Cleverley looked ****-hot last preseason and was unlucky not to be part of the squad this season.

Cleverley certainly did and he's looked good at Wigan (lol) but I'm quite looking forward to see what he can do in a much better side and given what he's learnt this season :)

Soldato
Bebe has looked very raw when I've seen him play, too raw for a first team and ObiWan didn't looked quite up to speed, he looked like a very light weight Ronaldo, all tricks no end product blah blah, not in terms of ability.

Fergie does know what he's doing which is probably why Gibson is in the squad and not those :p

Which is kinda what im saying though.

When Rafael and Fabio play they may make mistakes but you can see a)progress and b) raw ability, and i think thats what you look for in a "young" player in the first XI. Even if they make a blunder there is a greater good. With Gibson, hes actually not that young in the first place and i genuinely dont see a better player than 2 years ago when i though he was pretty dubious, despite the fact that in the interim he has has had more chances than most in the first team.

Permabanned
Cleverley certainly did and he's looked good at Wigan (lol) but I'm quite looking forward to see what he can do in a much better side and given what he's learnt this season :)

Cracking player, shame he is a manc, ffs

Do you support United as well as Wednesday?

Caporegime
Cracking player, shame he is a manc, ffs

Do you support United as well as Wednesday?

They're very much my second club, I've been shot down for it before.

Wednesday, then Manchester United, Also have a lot of love for Doncaster Rovers (mainly due to a couple of mental uncles that go watch them) and Denaby United (who folded a few years back) but my Grandad used to be the chairman :)

Back
Top Bottom