Out and down tv mount

Soldato
we are looking to wall mount our tv above a built in cupboard the position will be fine for background tv but a bit high for a relaxing movie/box set experience. So what I'm looking for is a tv mount that will allow us to pull the tv out and then lower it down in fron't of the built in cupboard. Anyone got any recommendations?

Man of Honour
The kind of engineering required to do this is way above the level of the cheap Chinese brackets. There's also some technical considerations such as the strength of the wall, the minimum and maximum weight of the TV, and its size.

Maximum weight is understandable enough, but minimum weight isn't often thought about. It's important with this type of bracket though because there has to be enough weight in the TV to keep the counterbalance action from recoiling the TV back to its parked position.

Tranquil Mounts have a couple of solutions: https://www.tranquilmount.co.uk/product/tv-wall-mount-bracket-mantel-fireplace/

Soldato
OP
I've seen the fireplace mounts I need to work out if they will come out far enough! Weight shouldn't be an issue we're probably looking at a max size of 42-47" given the space restrictions.

Associate
The problem with a mount very high up on the wall is you kids or people will sit with heads up, watching TV, this is not good for the neck, causes allot strain that effects your physics and sleeping, sitting in the same position for hours watching a movie or cartoon and looking up must be bad. Have you looked at this mount https://www.tranquilmount.co.uk/product/tm0400a-fireplace-pull-down-tv-mount-40-50inches/. They specify it is for 40-50" TV. Although reading the install manual your TV should be of a certain weight, I am thinking of getting this mount for the bedroom.

Man of Honour
The problem with a mount very high up on the wall is you kids or people will sit with heads up, watching TV, this is not good for the neck, causes allot strain that effects your physics and sleeping, sitting in the same position for hours watching a movie or cartoon and looking up must be bad. Have you looked at this mount https://www.tranquilmount.co.uk/product/tm0400a-fireplace-pull-down-tv-mount-40-50inches/. They specify it is for 40-50" TV. Although reading the install manual your TV should be of a certain weight, I am thinking of getting this mount for the bedroom.

I think you missed the entire point of @a1ex2001's OP. :D

He is looking for exactly the kind of pulldown mount that avoids the neck strain issues from having the TV too high.

The give-away clue was subtly hidden in the title "Out and down tv mount". Bletchley Park cryptologists would have been proud of the way the rest of us managed to decode that obscure reference and come up with some suggestions that provide precisely that type of solution ;) This includes the second post in the list which already points to Tranquil Mounts. But hey, I suppose that would require reading the OP properly and glancing through the replies on this four day old thread before jumping in; and it's only just in to the New Year and all, so maybe some folk aren't quite in the swing yet... :confused:

Soldato
OP
I think you missed the entire point of @a1ex2001's OP. :D

He is looking for exactly the kind of pulldown mount that avoids the neck strain issues from having the TV too high.

The give-away clue was subtly hidden in the title "Out and down tv mount". Bletchley Park cryptologists would have been proud of the way the rest of us managed to decode that obscure reference and come up with some suggestions that provide precisely that type of solution ;) This includes the second post in the list which already points to Tranquil Mounts. But hey, I suppose that would require reading the OP properly and glancing through the replies on this four day old thread before jumping in; and it's only just in to the New Year and all, so maybe some folk aren't quite in the swing yet... :confused:

lol - saved me a reply

Back
Top Bottom