Outlook Express problem

Associate
Hey gang, is there any way to forward messages revieved from Outlook Express to a yahoo account automatically? My dad has Outlook Express but can only check his e-mail on this computer, he wants to check it when he's away so i'm thinking of setting up a yahoo e-mail for him.

Soldato
You could easily setup a message rule to forward all mail, but there are other, better ways of doing it.

You could install a webmail app if you have webspace that support php, your isp might have a webmail interface, and yahoo or whatever might support getting emails from other pop3 servers (I think hotmail did that long ago didn't it?).

Any of the last suggestions would mean stopping outlook downloading mail - or it would just delete the mails from the server before anything else got a look in.

Soldato
Isn't there an 'auto forward' rule in options you can set-up for that? Not sure if the pc has to be on for the mail to hit the mail box then be pushed out to the new address though?

Google it and see :)

Soldato
tweakinfreak said:
Isn't there an 'auto forward' rule in options you can set-up for that? Not sure if the pc has to be on for the mail to hit the mail box then be pushed out to the new address though?

Google it and see :)

Yes, it would. Not a great solution, but then again he would have a log of all mails on his PC too.

He may not need fast access to mail, so maybe turn the PC on once a day / week / whatever and download mail, wait for it to finish sending the forwards and shut down again.

And it's not an option, it's a message rule, create a new mail rule, select for all mail, forward to people - type in the yahoo email.

Back
Top Bottom