***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Soldato
Well I have been on Outriders most of the day after it pre loaded over night. I should also note I dont know anything about this game and haven't played the demo.

Its OK so far. Bit repetitive. Im learning the mechanics of the game and its quite detailed. But ultimately its clear the bad guys out, checkpoint and a bit of walking then clear the bad guys out. Rinse and repeat. Not sure how long I will continue without getting bored but I'm hoping the game will start opening up.

I'm about 11hrs in, level 13 and world level 6. Playing Technomancer. Been tricky but I'm trying to focus my build on regeneration capabilities and also effective close range specials to help with heavies and bosses.

I just realised you can upgrade rarity of greens for leather and iron. With the mod swap ability its a really good way to get your weapons levelled to your current max and get useful mods installed.

So far, killing Reiner has been the hardest thing going.

Really have to make sure you disrupt him at the right time just before he heals.

For those struggling- focus on taking down the other enemies as a priority. As fast as you can.

They will respawn in waves, but eventually stop after 2-3 times leaving you to focus on Reiner 1v1.

Man of Honour
Finally, a thread :D

My favourite boss of the day -
the giant volcano spider, the point at which most skulls are useless, actually, if you use them they’ll actively kill you in the lava :D

Level 14 currently, playing world level 6.

Mostly solo, a little coop when I can find someone at the same section as me.

Currently on my way through
the road to the forest

Enjoying it. It will keep me busy for my remaining couple of weeks off work.

As for Reiner, he’s good practice. You’ll be facing multiple similar enemies later on. Disrupting them at the right time is key, also depending on your class, using their minions as free health boosts.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sounds like the EU servers have gone down - thanks pc users :p

Maybe its all the console players knocking off work, going home and trying to play? ;)

It remains to be seen whether this will retain my interest but nevertheless I think its a great title for gamepass to have on release. More suited to online coop play I think - and thats where the real value will lie.

But I'm soloing because that's my thing due to work / life commitments, so I'm likely not who this game is aimed at.

What I will say, is that the story concept and lore has my interest so far and that may well be enough for me to continue on till the end of the campaign. I reckon I will get a good 50 hours out of it, so can't complain! :)

Soldato
Missed out on playing this today (well yesterday now, just seen the time.... :o) due to reasons but planning to pick it back up again tomorrow to start a full playthrough on my Devastator character (from the point the demo ended story wise).

From the demo itself my impressions of how it plays on the Series S* were quite positive, even when compared to the X version. Obviously lower resolution (looks to be around the 1080p mark) but the performance felt like it held up fine (apart from the vendor area, that seemed to chug a little whereas it was super smooth on the X).

*Using the Series S upstairs for game capture and X downstairs when I just want to play the game.

Soldato
Put in about 2 hours but it's just not my cup of tea at all, the story and voice-acting are pretty weak and it's just so bland/generic in terms of gameplay, enemy AI, environments, etc. I hadn't realised it was coming to Game Pass otherwise I wasn't planning on playing it but definitely glad I didn't buy it.

I feel like it's only getting much attention because we're so short on interesting games right now.

Back
Top Bottom