Overclocked AMD Ryzen Processor and Running Hypervisor on Windows 10

Associate
I have recently tried to set up a Windows XP VM on my Windows 10 Pro PC in order to play some old games that are not compatible with my current OS. Since that time the PC has been sporadically freezing and I have to button it to use it again. I faintly remember something about Ryzen (or was it an overclocked Ryzen) does not support virtualisation, and was wondering if this was the cause of my PC now freezing irretrievably. However, I have Googled this for about 10 minutes, and not found an answer that seems to support this. Looking through the Event Viewer, for critical events before the freeze I see Event ID 10016 Distributed DCOM. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID. and Event 269 Failed to get Device VlanID Regkey for Physical NIC. Not sure either of these are relevant though - the former I can see was appearing a couple of weeks before I even installed Hyper-V. I wonder if anyone can confirm this? This morning I went to the BIOS of my Asus PRIME X370-PRO A and selected advanced -> cpu configuration -> svm should be disabled and did not touch Hyper-V in Windows. So far I have been using my my PC for about an hour and it has not frozen. Incidentally my CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom