Overclocking a E6300

Associate
its been a while since ive had a decent enough system to bother with overclocking it, so ive built the bellow pc and started to overclock it. just wondered how far things can be pushed now?

Processer is a E6300 @ 1.86Ghz which ive managed to get running a 3.09Ghz (on stock volts) stable in Super Pi and Prime 95 does this seem reasonable???? or can i push futher? being cooled with a large asaka heatset and fan and under load for 20 minutes or so seemed to be pretty stable at 67*c is this acceptable?

ive had less luck with my graphics card which is a powercolor 4850 1gb i managed to get the processer up to 670mhz and the ram up to 1000mhz ive seen people have achieved a lot better than this but i find if i go any higher i tend to get lots of artifacts in the image, could i be doing something wrong here? is it posible to increase the voltage etc? not something ive ever tried before so complete noob here.

Associate
With the low multi on E6300s some decent ram is needed to keep up at a higher FSB, you don't mention what mem you have but you should be able to squeeze some more out of the cpu yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom