Overdue Upgrade Advice

Associate
Hello all, been saving up a long time and got some extra money due to not being paid what I should have been and getting backpaid for what I had missed out on and was going to treat myself this christmas to a brand spanking new EVERYTHING which I have never been able to do before.

Going to build around a i9 10900, 3080 and most likely a Corsair 1000D (LOTS of inside room so im not cutting myself on random parts or bending fan blades and 5 bays out the way and PLENTY of behind the motherboard room for management) and would like to sit with 2x16GB sticks of ram.

Besides the above is there a Motherboard that will take 5 SATA drives and a nvme drive for boot drive.

I am also going to be getting new peripherals in the form of a Logitech G513 and 502 Hero but would love some advice on a 1440 monitor.

Tried with ************ but it was throwing up something about usb headers between motherboards and front panel and was hoping some folk that have this case could also enlighten me on that issue I was having.

Mostly gaming but with some recording/editing as well.

Edit
wow really, didn't think that site would be off limits as its handy for compatibility checking.

Soldato
New AMD CPUs are being announced on Oct 8th. It would be prudent to wait until then.

Why do you want 5 SATA drives?

As for the monitor, look at the Iiyama 3440x1440 144 Hz IPS display.

Soldato
I'd try and get the 3080 first and once you know it's been dispatched then order the rest as it could be a 2-3 month wait on the Gpu and as Quartz said there will be some new Ryzen CPU out by then.

Soldato
going to treat myself this christmas to a brand spanking new EVERYTHING

I am also going to be getting new peripherals in the form of a Logitech G513 and 502 Hero but would love some advice on a 1440 monitor.
Not a single reason to lock choises now for PC bought for Christmas.
AMD's Zen3 likely takes away any last reson to choose Intel.
And with no idea when ever there are bigger shipments availability situation of Nvidia's Ampere cards, availability of AMD's RDNA2 cards might not be that much behind.

And if you don't have experience from mechanical keyboards, there aren't many switches which would be good/comfortable for feel/behaviour without bigger relearning.
Also standard mechanical switches fail to give damn about noise control and if you want to minimize noise, choise is even fewer.

For monitor one of the deciding factors is do you prefer darkened room or normal amount of room lights.
Because of being stuck with old compromised LCDs, there's no monitor which would be even remotely best in all different environments.

Associate
OP
Not a single reason to lock choises now for PC bought for Christmas.
AMD's Zen3 likely takes away any last reson to choose Intel.
And with no idea when ever there are bigger shipments availability situation of Nvidia's Ampere cards, availability of AMD's RDNA2 cards might not be that much behind.

And if you don't have experience from mechanical keyboards, there aren't many switches which would be good/comfortable for feel/behaviour without bigger relearning.
Also standard mechanical switches fail to give damn about noise control and if you want to minimize noise, choise is even fewer.

For monitor one of the deciding factors is do you prefer darkened room or normal amount of room lights.
Because of being stuck with old compromised LCDs, there's no monitor which would be even remotely best in all different environments.

I have hue lights and usually have them set around 50-60% when gaming and 20-30% when watching a movie, I tried the G513 in Currys a few months ago and the noise wasn't too bad but no matter what I am not going to get used to the skyscraper keys after dealing with the laptop style keys from my original first iteration of the Logitech Dinovo Media Desktop with the chunky bluetooth receiver that acted as a mouse charger as well lol.

Was hoping the Founders Cards would be available outside of nvidia but all im seeing on external sites is the 3rd party ones which are quite a jump in price and usually I stick with what I know which is why I was going with the intel 10900 and I was previously going to get an MSI GPU but recently learned of their shift in repair location to poland and ill be damned if I am going to be paying for that shipping in the event the card decides to play up, not that it has yet with the 260, 670 and 1080 but it is a risk that is not worth taking.

I guess I have a preference due to reliability and having very minimal issues so tend to stick with what has been reliable.

Edit
Found the video I done last year when I was thinking about replacing my keyboard but decided to wait til I could do a complete overhaul.

https://youtu.be/iCjC2q8Bnpo

The enter and space key has one of the metal holders inside that has ended up becoming so fragile it bent so have not been able to lock the keys back down when cleaning so has made me apprehensive about removing the keys to clean underneath in a while.

The delete key ended up snapping in the middle after 12th or 13th year but pressing the rubber bit still works :D

Soldato
I tried the G513 in Currys a few months ago and the noise wasn't too bad but no matter what I am not going to get used to the skyscraper keys after dealing with the laptop style keys
Then you would love Logitech's (ridiculously) low profile G815.
It's also among the most quietest mechanical keyboards.

Associate
OP
Then you would love Logitech's (ridiculously) low profile G815.
It's also among the most quietest mechanical keyboards.
hhmmm only low profile one I saw on shops when looking was wireless, appreciate the info on this model.

Edit
Seen a couple of videos now and looks pretty solid, thank you very much for this.

Back
Top Bottom