• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overheating CPU

Associate
HI! I have a desktop PC water cooled with a aio cooler. Last week the CPU started to overheat and the CPU temp went as high as 79 degrees. The water cooler fan came on and went as high as 4300rpm.
cpu is overheating within 5 mins after boot or under load. Turned it off to stop damage to cpu. Could it be a virus? Would this cause cpu to overheat? There again watercoover has been making.a noise similar to a. 3.5 hdd.

Associate
Might be a busted pump.

Though it may be worth double checking your CPU usage to see if there is something running in the background that's pinning your CPU to 100%

as far as CPU damage, they're happy to run in the 90s and will downclock before they get into trouble. So its not likely to have hurt it.

Soldato
I have a medion eraser desktop pc. Not sure of the brand but I think it may be asetek. There is an over clock feature on my pc I've never used it though.

quick check, if one of the tubes hot and the other one colder? with fluid dynamics- water temps should be consistent throughout when pump is doing its job . its ifs not, then water is poor conductor of heat - the water in the tubes will slowly get hot and heat will travel up the tube . Think bathtube with cold water and run hot- tends to slowly spread out unless you mix the bath water up :)

Associate
OP
quick check, if one of the tubes hot and the other one colder? with fluid dynamics- water temps should be consistent throughout when pump is doing its job . its ifs not, then water is poor conductor of heat - the water in the tubes will slowly get hot and heat will travel up the tube . Think bathtube with cold water and run hot- tends to slowly spread out unless you mix the bath water up :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. That's how my water cooler is!! One pipe is cool, one is warm, to the touch and the part above the processor is very warm,

Back
Top Bottom