Overwatch

Soldato
Healers and such isn't an issue as I almost only play comp, so at least everyone accepts their role.

I feel Valorant I have more control of the outcome. OW is feeling more random to me now, like I know many of you have been saying for some time. Perhaps it's because I don't play DPS much now (used to main DPS) and your success is often in the hands of the DPS.

Soldato
Healers and such isn't an issue as I almost only play comp, so at least everyone accepts their role.

I feel Valorant I have more control of the outcome. OW is feeling more random to me now, like I know many of you have been saying for some time. Perhaps it's because I don't play DPS much now (used to main DPS) and your success is often in the hands of the DPS.

Competitive isn't any better. Had good healers being slagged off others,and at least two instances it was basically me and the healer actually trying to cap the objective. Just more defensive,Fortnite level playing by the DPS and others. Its really annoying when half the team is terrified of being shot at by the opposition and just mopes around just making pot shots. Typical Battle Royale level playing. Nobody seems to listen on voice chat,or typed chat to group up and co-ordinate.

Soldato
Well there are those games too. I am usually not a healer,but had to switch when no one else was going to be one. Even asking someone else if they can be the other healer can lead to mixed results. The issue is people need to also change role as required - too many are playing just one character only. This is not what Overwatch is about - you need to adapt to what is happening in each match.This is what makes it different.

Tried some games today. It was utterly dire,its all me! me! me! gameplay. Had someone say they had no interest in trying to contesting the payload,and were more worried about stats(in competitive). Which is idiotic,as its about winning not playing your favourite character 24/7.

4 of the 6 enemy side were on the payload,two of us(healer and tank) had over 5 minutes on it. Apparently we were not doing enough damage - yes because we were busy trying to not die,and we are not DPSes. The others were more worried about pot shots or fighting the other 2 and playing defensively. It was clearly not working as most of the enemy side was on the payload. Voice chat,typed chat,voice phrases,etc all pointless.

At this point,I think I will just dip in during events. Also if Overwatch 2 is going to have the same issues,then I will probably not bother with it TBF.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well there are those games too. I am usually not a healer,but had to switch when no one else was going to be one. Even asking someone else if they can be the other healer can lead to mixed results. The issue is people need to also change role as required - too many are playing just one character only. This is not what Overwatch is about - you need to adapt to what is happening in each match.This is what makes it different.

Tried some games today. It was utterly dire,its all me! me! me! gameplay. Had someone say they had no interest in trying to contesting the payload,and were more worried about stats(in competitive). Which is idiotic,as its about winning not playing your favourite character 24/7.

4 of the 6 enemy side were on the payload,two of us(healer and tank) had over 5 minutes on it. Apparently we were not doing enough damage - yes because we were busy trying to not die,and we are not DPSes. The others were more worried about pot shots or fighting the other 2 and playing defensively. It was clearly not working as most of the enemy side was on the payload. Voice chat,typed chat,voice phrases,etc all pointless.

At this point,I think I will just dip in during events. Also if Overwatch 2 is going to have the same issues,then I will probably not bother with it TBF.

DPS is always the worst, or nearly always, usual of I'm going who I want and will not change. Regardless if losing it or not. Got a genji when they are getting zero picks and zilch damage. Got a bastion who is constantly dying, just rince and repeat anyway. :/

I don't get it. I nearly always get gold dmg and kills passively as a tank in silver ranked. Getting out of silver is almost impposible.

Soldato
@CAT-THE-FIFTH what SR are you playing at? I'm still playing, in gold SR, happy to team (and play as a team!)

Thanks! ATM,going to take a break from the game,as I seem to be getting more frustrated than finding it fun. So going to try Valorant and see if its any better.

DPS is always the worst, or nearly always, usual of I'm going who I want and will not change. Regardless if losing it or not. Got a genji when they are getting zero picks and zilch damage. Got a bastion who is constantly dying, just rince and repeat anyway. :/

I don't get it. I nearly always get gold dmg and kills passively as a tank in silver ranked. Getting out of silver is almost impposible.

DPS has the longest queues too. The game seems way too DPS focussed. I remember back at the start D.Va used to be more of a dive tank,and had less damage. Then they made he more pew-pew with the rockets,but more fragile.

Caporegime
Thanks! ATM,going to take a break from the game,as I seem to be getting more frustrated than finding it fun. So going to try Valorant and see if its any better.

DPS has the longest queues too. The game seems way too DPS focussed. I remember back at the start D.Va used to be more of a dive tank,and had less damage. Then they made he more pew-pew with the rockets,but more fragile.

The issue is at bronze/silver you need to be a tank you can get kills with. Being a shield at those levels is almost pointless as everyone is running about and your there holding a shield doing nothing. It's far too DPS focussed really. One good DPS can change the whole game easily, not the same other ways.

Soldato
The issue is at bronze/silver you need to be a tank you can get kills with. Being a shield at those levels is almost pointless as everyone is running about and your there holding a shield doing nothing. It's far too DPS focussed really. One good DPS can change the whole game easily, not the same other ways.

That is the sad thing - it was much better balanced early on. A D.Va could be used(IIRC) more effectively in certain scenarios than the current build,especially for holding a payload. She is somewhat more of glass rocket now IMHO,especially if the healers don't give her some love. If anything they need to make tanks and other clases stronger,against the increased DPS focus,but it doesn't seem that way. It just makes the gameplay much less interesting than it used to be. Its why I think Battle Royals have started to ruin games,its all about pew-pew,and getting in that new crowd of players. Maybe I am getting older and grumpy!! :p

Associate
Happy to team up with anyone wanting to play, can play with anyone from silver up to low diamond. My main is in plat on all roles, have a couple of alt accouns in gold.

Associate
I stopped playing Comp ages and ages ago. I started out in Silver and then got relegated to Bronze between seasons. Whatever it takes to climb the ranks, I don’t have it.

For the last year or two I’ve played Mystery Heroes almost exclusively. Yeah, it’s a lottery, but it’s fun and doesn’t have to be taken too seriously.

Soldato
Funny when 2-2-2 arrived I thought it would be the saviour of the game....Now for a quick blast I just play open role comp - more fun to be able to switch up when/as you need.

messing around again playing it every now and again.

Associate
SO Winter Wonderland is out, which brings out my favourite seasonal mode, Yeti Hunt. Last year i went 100 wins and 9 losses as the Yeti. This year i've started 19 wins and 1 loss.

New seasonal mode, Freeze (or something like that) is pretty good actually, better than Snowball Offensive.

I haz 4090!
Don
SO Winter Wonderland is out, which brings out my favourite seasonal mode, Yeti Hunt. Last year i went 100 wins and 9 losses as the Yeti. This year i've started 19 wins and 1 loss.

New seasonal mode, Freeze (or something like that) is pretty good actually, better than Snowball Offensive.

Hah, that's pretty impressive. :)

Stu

Stu

Soldato

That is impressive... I'm trash at that game mode! Any tips to share?

Some nice new skins!

Back
Top Bottom