Own Build Needs Upgrading

Associate
Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7-4770k
Vengence LP 16Gb Ram
Seagate 2Tb Hardrive
Gpu...Not worth mentioning
Corsair 850w Gold

Little back story built this when I was 16/17 in bits and pieces as money was an object at the time. now obviously wanting to upgrade, need some form of direction as now I'm lost in the woods with new technology coming out and not remembering how I even built this in the first place.

so obviously I've been looking at the 2060S for my gpu just wondering are there any better that would be better suited to what I have etc also looking to add an SSD as well I've done some research but some are saying the 860/850 doesn't go into my mobo so now a little bit lost.

Obviously thanks in advance

Associate
Just looking to upgrade gpu?

5700XT is worth looking at to around that price.

If your mobo doesn't support m.2 you can still get sata ssds in a 2.5" form factor and it's the same as putting in a normal HDD. Not worth paying extra for Samsung SSDs either when there are cheaper options that are just as good

Associate
OP
Right took the plunge on the rtx nvidia 2060 Super gaming x, and for the life of me I now can't figure out why it's not even detecting on my computer I've tried installing all the drivers but it doesn't let me as their isn't any hardware for it to detect. What the hell have I done wrong? Am I being an idiot and my mobo doesn't support it or I've done some googling on new gpus and a lot of research I've done everyone says about the bios, I've ran through my bios and whether I'm blind I can not for the life of me see where it has anything to do with gpu's

Associate
Are all pins of the power cable in correctly? Did you use DDU to uninstall the drivers for your previous graphic card first?

Associate
OP
@bagel funny you should say that I'm literally in the process of sticking myself on the stupid stair for a time out, no there is no cable connected because its been that long since I built it and the old graphics card didn't need power it was that bad... I can't find the cables so now I'm trying to find the correct replacement cables for my psu I apologise for wasting your time never thought after not doing anything with computers for so long I would completely forget how everything works

Associate
No worries, make sure you get the exact right cable for your psu though as they aren't interchangeable between different brands or models and a wrong cable can fry your components

Associate
OP
Yeah been searching all day for the cables and I can not for the life of me find any, the actual psu I have doesn't seem to be sold anymore a lot of "places" are out of stock so now its probably going to be more expensive on having to buy a whole new psu. Kind of wish I never had the idea of upgrading anything now

Back
Top Bottom