1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P6T SE or P6TD Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Franksi, 12 Oct 2009.

1. Franksi

Gangster

I was wondering which board would be best for running the following components:

2 x GTX260 in SLI
    Asus Xonar 7.1 PCIe Sound Card
    Adaptec 1420SA RAID Controller

My GTX260s are the Gainward ones with custom coolers so are slightly larger and need a decent gap between them to SLI them.

The raid controller can be used in a PCI or a PCIe slot.

I intend to run an i7 950 at stock in the board, with maybe a 10-20% overclock later. Memory will be 6GB of Kingston Hyper X. I also intend to use the Thermolab Baram cooler.

So which board meets my criteria best?

2. marley82

PermaBanned

If you dont want to spend much but want a quality board the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R is a good choice, With a BIOS update it will support SLI aswell as Crossfire but other than that I'd go with the UD5

EDIT: I wouldn't get the P6T SE as it doesnt support SLI. The P6tD does thou,

Last edited: 12 Oct 2009
  3. Franksi

Gangster

i'm a bit concerned about the slot configuration on the UD5 due the size of the gainward coolers - i'll have no access to the PCI slots

4. -VK-

Gangster

P6TD Deluxe, the P6T SE doesnt support SLI. :)

5. Franksi

Gangster

So much for my attention to detail! Good spot - thanks

6. invisible69

Gangster

7. reflux

Capodecina

^The P6T vanilla is a good board but it has the same slot placement as the SE I believe; ie two cards in SLi would be jammed up against each other. I'm not sure if this would create thermal problems.

8. Franksi

Gangster

not sure i'll fit a sound card and a RAID controller on as well as the SLI 260s?

9. invisible69

Gangster

if that's the case than I think that you might have some problems due to ventilation and placement of the cards :/

10. Franksi

Gangster

i've got a HAF 932 - hopefully that will help the ventilation situation?

11. -VK-

Gangster

Im running a 285 right up next to my Xonar D2 (Literally 2mm space between) on a P6T Deluxe without any ventilation problems.

Thats in a CM Sniper, though I've added a couple of 120mm fans to the side as the Sniper tends to get hot around the VGA.

Does the HAF have a side fan? If it does, or you can add one, you shouldnt have any problems really.

12. Franksi

Gangster

yeah it has a 230mm side fan