1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Jeff Insch, 17 Oct 2018.

  1. Jeff Insch


    Joined: 17 Oct 2018

    Posts: 2

    Looking for some help not sure where to turn at this point!! I had a personal contract and number with Vodafone and in 2016 my employer asked me to move my number onto their EE business account to streamline expenses etc. Now that I am leaving my current employer for a new role I asked them to generate a PAC code so that I could port my number to a new provider, they got EE to issue a code which I used with my new provider. Lo and behold they have subsequently cancelled the code stating that they wish to retain my number........not sure what to do at this point but could use some advice!! Any and all help much appreciated at this time:)
  2. MissChief


    Joined: 17 Jul 2010

    Posts: 18,714

    They asked you to port your own personal number to their business phone and now are refusing to allow this number to be ported again? First of all I'd have refused to use your own personal number, if they wanted you contactable then they should have supplied a phone and number. Can you speak with the phone company directly?
  3. Jeff Insch


    Joined: 17 Oct 2018

    Posts: 2

    Hello MissChief!! Thanks for responding so quickly to this thread. Schoolboy error on my part doing this in the first place.........anyway I contacted EE who issued the PAC code and as I am not a nominated account holder with a PIN code they won't give me any information......so right now I don't know where to turn.....
  4. Hades


    Joined: 19 Oct 2002

    Posts: 24,768

    Location: Surrey

    I would go back to the person in your company refusing to allow the code to be ported and remind them you ported your own personal number in. Find out who their manager is and keep escalating upwards.

    Welcome to the forum.
  5. tom_e

    Man of Honour

    Joined: 26 Dec 2003

    Posts: 27,133

    Location: Shropshire

    Pretty sure there's nothing you can do to force them you'll just have to appeal to someone higher ups better nature and hope.