Pachelbel's Canon in D on electric guitar - absolutely amazing

Man of Honour
Locrian said:
Most Boring Song Ever

And pretty damn easy to play really. Minus the sweep picking (which always looks much more impressive than it is) its all slow, repatativy and rubbish.

A recording would be nice

Six6siX said:
I can play most of it up to about 2.10 mins.

Havent really had time to do more yet, but the hardest bit (bit i couldnt do) I found was the mini 'shred' halfway through that. Cant do it for the life of me. :(

And you sir. Put your skills down and let us hear.

I'm after a new guitarist.

Associate
OP
Locrian said:
Most Boring Song Ever

And pretty damn easy to play really. Minus the sweep picking (which always looks much more impressive than it is) its all slow, repatativy and rubbish.

Yep, spot on :rolleyes:
I spose you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong :p It's the technique behind the songwriting, and just so happens to be one of the most influential classical songs written. And since it's blatently obvious you have no knowledge or interest in music of that era, there's not really much backing to your opinion.

Soldato
I agree most of it isn't really technically as difficult as some pieces that would get the same amount of 'wow' comments said here on a guitarist forum, but that's expected, as this isn't a guitarist forum.

The hard part would have been arranging it for guitar and adding in some of the arpeggios and stuff. Any experienced guitarist could learn it in a given amount of time, but you could say that about any musician and any piece of music really.

Man of Honour
The thing is I've heard a lot of talk off guitar warriors on these forums over the last couple of years and theres only one guy who has submitted stuff who was actually any good. Its about time you guitar warriors put up or shut up. Jerry C is an amazing guitarist and if you think you can better him then show us all.

Associate
dmpoole said:
The thing is I've heard a lot of talk off guitar warriors on these forums over the last couple of years and theres only one guy who has submitted stuff who was actually any good. Its about time you guitar warriors put up or shut up. Jerry C is an amazing guitarist and if you think you can better him then show us all.

Ok its all very well called guitar warriors but is it not possible that maybe some people might be telling the truth? Im not gonna learn canon rock cause i care not for the song. Does that mean that i cant play?

Man of Honour
Locrian said:
Ok its all very well called guitar warriors but is it not possible that maybe some people might be telling the truth? Im not gonna learn canon rock cause i care not for the song. Does that mean that i cant play?

You don't have to do Canon rock.
Show us all what you (and the other warriors) are capable of doing and lets see if you can get near to what Jerry C can do.

As of yet only one guitarist on here has impressed me and I've forgot his name.
A couple of years ago we had a blues solo competition and this guy was above everybody. He also gave a link to a rock concert he'd done with his 3 piece and I think he's the guy who asked for another ear with his recordings about 3 weeks ago (okay, he's not too good at engineering yet).
Arty also impressed the hell out of me with his blues jam but it was on one of those keyboardy things.

C'mon boys, show us what you've got.

Man of Honour
dmpoole said:
You don't have to do Canon rock.
Show us all what you (and the other warriors) are capable of doing and lets see if you can get near to what Jerry C can do.

As of yet only one guitarist on here has impressed me and I've forgot his name.
A couple of years ago we had a blues solo competition and this guy was above everybody. He also gave a link to a rock concert he'd done with his 3 piece and I think he's the guy who asked for another ear with his recordings about 3 weeks ago (okay, he's not too good at engineering yet).
Arty also impressed the hell out of me with his blues jam but it was on one of those keyboardy things.

C'mon boys, show us what you've got.
Well said - put up or shut up :) Every time somebody posts a guitar vid it gets the same response "That's crap/sloppy/anyone can play that/I could outplay him with my arms tied to my ears" so why aren't you all session musicians or with top guitar bands? Let's see the guitar warriors put their money where their mouth is.

Man of Honour
Andelusion said:
Guitar or music shouldn't be a competition in my opinion, :)

It is when guitar warriors come on here making claims.
I've been playing professionally/semi professionally for 35 years and I would never make such claims because I know better and I know when somebody is better.
We've even had people on here slagging the playing of Satriani/Vai in the past.

Soldato
Locrian said:
Most Boring Song Ever

sweepingiseasy8df.jpg

:p

QABoy said:
Yeah, lets see you walk the walk.
I can't wait.

Who are you talking to? :confused:

Associate
Andelusion said:
Who are you talking to? :confused:

All of the guitar warriors on here.
I've been a member for over two years (not many posts) and I'm amazed at how many 'musician' members **** these musicians off.
Don't **** unless you can do better.

Associate
QABoy said:
All of the guitar warriors on here.
I've been a member for over two years (not many posts) and I'm amazed at how many 'musician' members **** these musicians off.
Don't **** unless you can do better.

To be honest, don't **** at all.......respect that everyone isn't as good as you :p

Back
Top Bottom