Pachelbel's Canon in D on electric guitar - absolutely amazing

Soldato
Wasn't me.

I think the only thing i've ever posted here was me playing Sultans of Swing. That was only because i was asked to.

Nice of you to think of me there though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
punky_munky said:
Wasn't Bigpops by any chance was it?

Just remembered - it was skinnyl.

He submitted a blues solo about 18 months ago which I thought was awesome.
I also remember he said it was his first take.
After listening to a gig in MP3 format I knew he was telling the truth.

Soldato
Anyone got any decent backing tracks? Most of mine are really cheapo stylee ones i've made myself. Would be nice to have a guitarist jam along thread again, i've made a couple before but we only ever get 2-3 people joining in if that, maybe this thread will make some people come out of the woodwork?

Associate
Could anyone possibly send me the .pdf version of this tab?
(open tab, then export as a .pdf)

Only have trial version of guitar pro (and 3 days left) and it wont let me print/save it as a .pdf without TRIAL VERSION in huge letters across it :(

Associate
Thanks! Thats wicked.

Can play the first 40 bars or so at the moment, but its no where close to being clean or sounding good yet. I think the faster parts may exceed my ability, but its worth a try :D

Soldato
No problem :)

I've learnt upto the sweep picking bit, sounds ok, but I need more practice, I've found it to be one of the most enjoyable things to learn though so it's all good :)

Associate
Argh its no good, this piece is just driving me crazy. I think i dont like it because its so annoying. The theme sounds like an old game boy style tune straight out of mario or zelda or something lol. I am more than happy however to write something else to prove my worth. I think a 'prove yourself' thread should be created, perhaps stickied so we have some common place to put them. Not so much a competition, just a my willy is bigger is that yours thing :p

Back
Top Bottom