Painting OSB

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Finishing off the man CAVE and have used OSB for the interior walls.

Plenty of the contradictory information as usual on the net, has anyone had success in painting it ? Its only going to be white as just to get more light bouncing around the place.

Soldato
The texture of OSB cant be great for nice finish unless you are actually after the raw look? The resin and wood will have different adhering properties for the paint and cant see it being "invisible".

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
I have a rather large concrete sectional garage, double in width and 3 times in depth, Redone all the joints, sprayed out all the concrete sections with brick sealer in and out, re pointed the base and fitted a new roof, so its sealed and dry but at the end of the day its just a sectional garage and whatever it feels outside its the same inside minus the water falling from the sky :)

So i basically turned half off it into secure posh shed, with vapour barrier all insulated and stuck in a little electric heater for frost prevention, cheap laminate floor for well as cheap as I could do it (surprisingly still not that cheap with the cost of materials but way cheaper than the 15K + builders wanted to replace the garage itself.

OSB works quite well for the walls as its cheap and add some nice sound insulation as well.

Permabanned
I don't think I have ever painted any. But my "go to" if I have any doubts is a primer called Zinsser Bin. It's a shellac based primer that sticks to anything and importantly stops various wood oils seeping through and ruining the finish. Variants are often used as an anti-damp paint because of it's ability to resist stains seeping through. Very good for wood.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Yes, its great stuff, pricey mind you and i have about 25m2 to paint :(

Toying with the idea of cheapo laminate flooring glued on top of the OSB now. I bloody hate painting :)

Back
Top Bottom