Pakistani couple murder daughter after refusing forced marriage.

Caporegime
It’s obviously another ****** story from seemingly the worlds most incestous country, but i get a feeling of cynicism either way.

Deserved prison time, for sure.

Another point I want to raise is the obvious cycle of abuse forced marriage causes and what that entails on other abuses (child abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse...), that’s probably the most important lesson here.

That the expectation of it being so normal that a father would end the life of his own child (in a very intimate manner no less...) over it, is where people really need to take a long hard look at their own behaviours and how it may start a chain of events.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cigarettes are man made - smoking kills
Alcohol is man made - alcohol kills
Religion is man made - religion kills

Religion didn’t kill her, her parents did at the behest of crappy cultural norms. I wonder how successful a charity might be if were set up to protect at risk children from forced marriages, I mean eventually the marriages should stop.

Permabanned
Soldato
I remember this case from the local news. It (and others) lead to changes in immigration rules to stop the use of children being married off to import relatives. The stereotype of a 16 year old being married off to a 50 year old "uncle" who didn't even speak the same language was too blatant to ignore. I also remember there was a push to have airline check-in staff look for signs and report it if they felt a child was being taken out of the country against their will.

The only long term solution will be education. Once all children realise they have a choice on who they can marry and that the state will back them up if they go against this kind of parental coercion it will die out.

Caporegime
The acts carried out by the parents are far more shameful than anything the girl did. I'd like to know the wider British Muslims' attitude towards it because if a large portion support what the parents did then it's a real problem in terms of future integration, the girl was basically abused and ultimately killed for wanting to adopt her country of births' culture.

Caporegime
The acts carried out by the parents are far more shameful than anything the girl did. I'd like to know the wider British Muslims' attitude towards it because if a large portion support what the parents did then it's a real problem in terms of future integration, the girl was basically abused and ultimately killed for wanting to adopt her country of births' culture.

Has nothing to do with Islam.

Caporegime
Has nothing to do with Islam.

As G-MAN2004 highlights it prodominently affects the Muslim community so whether you can directly attribute it to Islam or not those are the people most involved in such behaviour. It's not really helpful to just say "nothing to do with Islam" and then sit on your hands and that's a large part of the reason why authorities are failing to deal with serious problems like honour killings, forced marriages and child sexual exploitation.

Back
Top Bottom