• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PALIT 3080/ Zotac 3080/ Asus tuf 3080(NON OC)

Associate
Hey guys.

A bit late for the party I guess. Firstly congratulations to all the 3080 owners and best of luck for all the hunters out there.

I got lucky while writing a work email and got a sweet notification for a Palit 3080 Gmaing pro OC which I managed to buy at a decent price £740 arriving in 48 hours!

I already have a confirmed pre-order of a zotacTrinity OC with another retailer (which is expected 30th of Nov) and an Asus tuf 3080 with overclockers (queue position in 700s)

We all know how asus tuf have been s***t show and it might not come until next year so I want your valuable opinions especially from the owners of these models to decide between the palit and zotac.

I can't afford and have no intention of keeping 3 different 3080s and planning to keep only 1

Help would be much appreciated.

Soldato
Hey guys.

Help would be much appreciated.
Palit 3080 GamingPro OC higher out of the box clocks, better board components and VRM. 2 year warranty

Zotac advantages 5 year warranty if you register it.

Appearance of cards is up to you really.

Out of the two I would take the Palit.

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought a Palit Gaming Pro OC for £748. Is there an owners thread on this forum? Wondering if this is a decent card? In any case, I'll sell it some time next year and get the Ti when the stock normalises.

Associate
OP
I just bought a Palit Gaming Pro OC for £748. Is there an owners thread on this forum? Wondering if this is a decent card? In any case, I'll sell it some time next year and get the Ti when the stock normalises.
There is a 3080 owners thread here with some interesting conversations. I finally got my palit 3080 pro oc as well

Associate
Got a Palit OC 3080 on launch day ( I know lucky ), been solid with no issues at all bought an Eisblock Aurora to go with it but still haven't fitted it as its fairly silent in the case and runs around 2070-1950mhz all day.

Permabanned
I'm position 44 in the queue for a ASUS 3080 TUF OC (£699 at the time), having dropped only 4 places since the 6800XT launch. Very jealous of thoese who have their 3080s already.

They all look like great performing cards. I didn't go for MSI's as it required 3 power connectors and I couldn't be bothered threading another through. Gigabyte's card looks as if they couldn't be bothered designing a 3080 cooler with that chunk at the back missing and some really nasty power arrangement. Palit looked a little small, which usually means poorer thermals. I almost went for the Zotac for the extra warranty, but chose the TUF due to it having the best cooler.

Soldato
I have had my palit since release, it's been great.

I had to turn my case fans up for some extra air flow now it very quietly even with overclock.

I have memory on +150 and power target on max and fan target temp to 68c.

I didn't touch the core because mine already at 2000 and this is the non OC version.

The Asus Tuff would have probably been a better buy if I got it for £650 because it had an extra hdmi port and an extra year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom