• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit GTX 1650 Super - So noisy - No Fanstop feature! How to slience?

Associate
Hi All,

I need advice on how to silence my brand new Palit GFX 1650 Super, (its driving me nuts!),
- Apply some software wizardry
- Replace with an aftermarket Artic Cooler
- Bite the bullet and get a new Palit GTX 1650 KalmX fanless.

I rarely play PC games now so I would be happy if I can still play far cry 3. The GFX main tasks will be excel spreadsheets and youtube.

In the anticipation of Covid19 lockdown I rushed out and bought two spanking new 27 inch AOC 4k monitors so I could work comfortably from home without having to squint at the tiny works laptop screen.
In addition, to make sure I could also connect my home pc to the two monitors I needed to replace my old fanless GFX that only had one video output.
The cheapest option my local store had that could output more than one HDMI/DP was a Palit GTX 1650 super. I purchased it and two days later we were in lockdown.
Within 24 hours of lockdown I realised that the model I had purchased does not have a full fan stop!
How can this be in 2020!!!!!?
Anyway, it constantly runs at a min of 30% fan speed and its driving me crazy!
My workstations might be 10 years old but I built them with silence as the top priority.
The workstation is housed a large & airy siverstone tower case.

Is there any firmware that I can apply to resolve this? (I used palits software and it said the gfx was running the latest palit firmware).
If not, should I buy an Arctic cooler "Accelero Xtreme III Rev. 2" at £50 or bite the bullet and buy a Palit GTX 1650 KalmX fanless?
I have a second workstation that would also benefit from a GFX upgrade so the initial palit 1650 super card would not necessarily go to waste.

Cheers in advance.

Associate
OP
Hi McNumpty.
Thanks for your reply.
I have the palit software installed that also allows me to set a custom fan curve.
Cannot drop a custom fan curve below 30% either.
The machine was practically silent before I installed the new gfx so maybe I am particularly aware.
It is possible that it is not the gfx and that since installation something else has gone funny.
I will open the case at the weekend and investigate.
Anyway... if it is the gfx fan, then my problem still needs an answer. :(

Associate
OP
Good news!
Temp solution found!
I tried afterburner but it would not allow me to make any changes.
I tired the official palit software to increase the fan speed and the tone was different.
So, I went back to mobo bios and checked and for some reason subsequent to the GFX install, the silent mode and become disabled.
It was the CPU fan all along!
Now in silent mode it is far more acceptable.
Thanks for your input Mcnumptly.
Ciao 4 now.

Back
Top Bottom