** PALIT NVIDIA BLACK FRIDAY DEALS NOW LIVE **

Soldato
I can second the recommendation, I bought one given it was cheap and thought "what the heck, give it a bash". Its actually pretty good and the value for money is great. And as varkanoid says it's gsync compatible too which is nice.

That's a bonus and a huge reason why it's top of my list.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I can second the recommendation, I bought one given it was cheap and thought "what the heck, give it a bash". Its actually pretty good and the value for money is great. And as varkanoid says it's gsync compatible too which is nice.

I can third it, great screen for under £200 and gsync works flawlessly on my 2060.

OcUK Staff
OP
How does this compare to a 5700XT? Tempted but need reviews first. Still want a Nitro+ more unless this can surprise me.

Check the reviews but its typical as follows:

2070 SUPER: King in all games, ray tracing support. (£450)
5700 XT / 2070: Trade blows, AMD wins in console ports and NVIDIA wins in a lot of other titles, its a tough choice as both perform similar. (£350 - £400)
5700 / 2060 Super: Again they trade blows. (£300 - £350)
2060: Great performer, not ideal for ray tracing though. (£300)

The £300 - £450 space is a very bloody battlefield between AMD and NVIDIA, but all the above cards give incredible 1080P performance and are very capable at 1440P and both the 5700 XT and 2070 Super will run some 4k titles just fine too. :)

Soldato
Check the reviews but its typical as follows:

2070 SUPER: King in all games, ray tracing support. (£450)
5700 XT / 2070: Trade blows, AMD wins in console ports and NVIDIA wins in a lot of other titles, its a tough choice as both perform similar. (£350 - £400)
5700 / 2060 Super: Again they trade blows. (£300 - £350)
2060: Great performer, not ideal for ray tracing though. (£300)

The £300 - £450 space is a very bloody battlefield between AMD and NVIDIA, but all the above cards give incredible 1080P performance and are very capable at 1440P and both the 5700 XT and 2070 Super will run some 4k titles just fine too. :)

That made life easier, 5700XT or 2070 Super? I think £400-£450 is my absolute limit. Still holding my finger off that buy button but these deals are making it difficult not to jump in!

OcUK Staff
OP
That made life easier, 5700XT or 2070 Super? I think £400-£450 is my absolute limit. Still holding my finger off that buy button but these deals are making it difficult not to jump in!

Well if it helps you!

My plan is to make a 5700 XT MBA (blower reference AMD card) £299 for BF, but it will be a cashback deal, so web price will be like £360 and then you claim the £60 back from manufacturer who will put into you bank account 30 days later.
I also plan to get Devil / Sapphire cards down to £399-£409 for a limited quantity on BF, so not a drastic saving over now, but its better than nothing.

2070S so far my best is now live which is £449 for the GameRock card and I will tell you now the Palit Jetstream and Palit Gamerock are on a par with an Asus Strix build quality wise so that kind of shows you the quality of those products.

As such if your thinking 2070 Super the Palit deals won't really be bettered by much, they are much better quality than say MSI Ventus or an Asus Dual, these GameRock and Jetstream cards are on a par with MSI Gaming, Asus Strix to give you an idea of how good the deal is. :)

But if your leaning towards AMD and do not mind an MBA card, then wait for BF as 5700 XT MBA at £299 after cashback is nothing but giving it away.

Soldato
Well if it helps you!

My plan is to make a 5700 XT MBA (blower reference AMD card) £299 for BF, but it will be a cashback deal, so web price will be like £360 and then you claim the £60 back from manufacturer who will put into you bank account 30 days later.
I also plan to get Devil / Sapphire cards down to £399-£409 for a limited quantity on BF, so not a drastic saving over now, but its better than nothing.

2070S so far my best is now live which is £449 for the GameRock card and I will tell you now the Palit Jetstream and Palit Gamerock are on a par with an Asus Strix build quality wise so that kind of shows you the quality of those products.

As such if your thinking 2070 Super the Palit deals won't really be bettered by much, they are much better quality than say MSI Ventus or an Asus Dual, these GameRock and Jetstream cards are on a par with MSI Gaming, Asus Strix to give you an idea of how good the deal is. :)

But if your leaning towards AMD and do not mind an MBA card, then wait for BF as 5700 XT MBA at £299 after cashback is nothing but giving it away.

Thanks for the heads-up... heavily leaning now towards a 5700XT or 2070 Super.

Very tempted by either the GameRock or Jetstream models. I had a 1060 JetStream and build quality was fantastic, dead silent too.

Difficult decision ahead!

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the heads-up... heavily leaning now towards a 5700XT or 2070 Super.

Very tempted by either the GameRock or Jetstream models. I had a 1060 JetStream and build quality was fantastic, dead silent too.

Difficult decision ahead!

Yes Jetstream for me is one of the best cooler designs on market, they cool entire card so well and are one of the quietest too, they are a very good card, but because they do not have the marketing budget of the big brands they tend to go somewhat unnoticed.

Soldato
Yes Jetstream for me is one of the best cooler designs on market, they cool entire card so well and are one of the quietest too, they are a very good card, but because they do not have the marketing budget of the big brands they tend to go somewhat unnoticed.

Agreed and are underrated if you ask me, never had an issue with my 1060. On some occasions I had to check if the fans were working, never heard it!

We're all suckers for the bigger brands and tend to over look these hidden gems, I'm guilty of this too.

Need to use YouTube later me thinks as I don't believe the photos do it justice, the JetStream might be my next card!

OcUK Staff
OP
Agreed and are underrated if you ask me, never had an issue with my 1060. On some occasions I had to check if the fans were working, never heard it!

We're all suckers for the bigger brands and tend to over look these hidden gems, I'm guilty of this too.

Need to use YouTube later me thinks as I don't believe the photos do it justice, the JetStream might be my next card!

It is easy to get blinded by marketing, LG OLED TV's and Samsung TV's prime example, but in fairness maybe a bad example as to my knowledge LG when it comes to OLED are no.1

But yes out of all 2070 Super, the Jetstream is easily the best buy, then GameRock and then the KFA2 Dual cards.

Associate

Great to know thanks @Gibbo :) going to add it to my list.

Just wish the warranty was 3 years.

Soldato
It is easy to get blinded by marketing, LG OLED TV's and Samsung TV's prime example, but in fairness maybe a bad example as to my knowledge LG when it comes to OLED are no.1

But yes out of all 2070 Super, the Jetstream is easily the best buy, then GameRock and then the KFA2 Dual cards.

JetStream is on my list.

Never owned any KFA2 cards, good quality? I think the RMA center isn't far from where I live.

Will this fit in the Pure Base 500?

Back
Top Bottom