** PALIT NVIDIA BLACK FRIDAY DEALS NOW LIVE **

Soldato
Annoyingly the model I received had several dead pixels. Issued a replacement that also had dead pixels. Back to the drawing back, getting a refund!

I've had a few monitors over the years that seem to have this issue a lot. It's becoming more common now from what I read.

Associate
I've had a few monitors over the years that seem to have this issue a lot. It's becoming more common now from what I read.

I've had bad luck all my life. The only monitor I've ever bought with no dead pixels is my old Dell 2412M 24" monitor I'm still using now!

Soldato
I've had bad luck all my life. The only monitor I've ever bought with no dead pixels is my old Dell 2412M 24" monitor I'm still using now!

Your not alone I've not had much luck with monitors myself. I regularly hunt for monitors locally where I can take back and replace or refund.

Soldato

Trust me, you're not alone.

It's the main reason I boought my last monitor from the MM, with the promise it had no dead pixels, which it didn't.

I hate dead pixels with a passion.

Amazes me how we have this "dead pixel" policy in place.

For me, if a panel has even one of them then it's faulty, no ifs or buts.

Associate
Trust me, you're not alone.

It's the main reason I boought my last monitor from the MM, with the promise it had no dead pixels, which it didn't.

I hate dead pixels with a passion.

Amazes me how we have this "dead pixel" policy in place.

For me, if a panel has even one of them then it's faulty, no ifs or buts.

When I read reviews dead pixels seem common place and the majority of users seem to 'put up' with them. With the idea that there's millions of pixels on any given monitor and 1 or 2 dead ones doesn't matter. When you're spending hard earned £££ to me it does matter.

The hunt for a monitor continues ...

Soldato
When I read reviews dead pixels seem common place and the majority of users seem to 'put up' with them. With the idea that there's millions of pixels on any given monitor and 1 or 2 dead ones doesn't matter. When you're spending hard earned £££ to me it does matter.

The hunt for a monitor continues ...

When I was looking at buying new, I was drawn to Dell monitors which had a zero dead pixel policy at the time (not sure about now) and there were UK retailers honoring it.

But of course the range was limited to them.

Associate
i normally go through about 8-10 monitors when buying a new one. dead pixels, dirt on the back light the lot. never had an issue with a tv screen of any budget but buying a monitor is a horrible experience these days and something i always dread.

what I've found with buying a certain model is that if it turns up with more then one dead pixel or dirt on the back light etc then it doesn't matter how many times i reordered a new one (and I've gone for over 10 in the past on some models) it will have dead pixels. so save yourself some time and just order another model/panel type

OcUK Staff
OP
Is it possible to disable the rgb on these cards? I like the game rock and JetStream but hate the rgb on them

I believe it is yes as it was one of my recommendations when they showed me the early designs to make RGB ability to disable. I am sure an owner in graphics forum can confirm this.

Soldato
I believe it is yes as it was one of my recommendations when they showed me the early designs to make RGB ability to disable. I am sure an owner in graphics forum can confirm this.
Cheers Gibbo, will be good if it is as this is the only thing putting me off buying the cards

Soldato
Just got the 2070s jetstream with the modern warfare bundle...

never bought with a game code before, does it get emailed to you? Is it useable straight away?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom