** PALIT NVIDIA BLACK FRIDAY DEALS NOW LIVE **

Associate
Installed my new 2070 Super (palit game rock) yesterday.
Went without the hitch
Except one minor scare. Card wouldn't downclock all the way with even a single 144Hz 1440p display. Lower refresh to 120Hz and everything was fine.

Luckily I used to own 980Ti which had a similar issue. And luckily Nvidia Inspector still has the useful Multi Monitor Power Saver tool, which will force the clocks down, and they stay down even with 3 displays connected.

With Radeon Vega I got used to this problem no longer existing. And high idle power with multiple monitors was literally the only reason why I went with 2070Super instead of 5700XT.
Come on Nvidia, its 2019, you can't drop the ball on high refresh screens over and over again.

Apart from that, loving the new card. Performance is there and it is super silent.

Associate
Installed my new 2070 Super (palit game rock) yesterday.
Went without the hitch
Except one minor scare. Card wouldn't downclock all the way with even a single 144Hz 1440p display. Lower refresh to 120Hz and everything was fine.

Luckily I used to own 980Ti which had a similar issue. And luckily Nvidia Inspector still has the useful Multi Monitor Power Saver tool, which will force the clocks down, and they stay down even with 3 displays connected.

With Radeon Vega I got used to this problem no longer existing. And high idle power with multiple monitors was literally the only reason why I went with 2070Super instead of 5700XT.
Come on Nvidia, its 2019, you can't drop the ball on high refresh screens over and over again.

Apart from that, loving the new card. Performance is there and it is super silent.

Are you running "Performance" in Nvidia Control Panel under Power Management? If so they the card won't downclock from it's base clock.

Soldato
Are you running "Performance" in Nvidia Control Panel under Power Management? If so they the card won't downclock from it's base clock.

That's an incorrect statement.

With a single monitor in a correctly operating system, a Nvidia graphics card will down clock properly to its idle states with maximum performance enabled.

I've just tested it to confirm but knew it already.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo is there any reason why the Jetstream has gone up to £469.99?

Yes nearly sold out and we’re still £30 cheaper than most competitors, price went up yesterday afternoon.

If you want one at £459 then I can drop price tomorrow 11:30-12:30 am to give you a one hour window to get one

Soldato
Yes nearly sold out and we’re still £30 cheaper than most competitors, price went up yesterday afternoon.

If you want one at £459 then I can drop price tomorrow 11:30-12:30 am to give you a one hour window to get one
If you could do that then it would be amazing.

Thanks a lot

OcUK Staff
OP
Thought that would be the case

Do you know how long the back log is at all? ordered the 2070S Monday and still sitting on "order received - not yet shipped"

Well I think they will fully catch up today / tomorrow, so I would be surprised if your order did not ship today, but if you want to ensure it does a post in CS or a phone call to Sales/CS would probably ensure you parcel goes out today. Sorry for the delay, but last you was insane and we basically did not expect to topple last year much, but to our surprise were not just up we literally did twice as much business on VGA and over 60% up as a whole, so great for us but even with huge resource put into place, extra staff, 24/7 around the clock operation we are a little behind, but its all hands to the pump and we will catch up, once again sorry for the delay. :)

Soldato
Well I think they will fully catch up today / tomorrow, so I would be surprised if your order did not ship today, but if you want to ensure it does a post in CS or a phone call to Sales/CS would probably ensure you parcel goes out today. Sorry for the delay, but last you was insane and we basically did not expect to topple last year much, but to our surprise were not just up we literally did twice as much business on VGA and over 60% up as a whole, so great for us but even with huge resource put into place, extra staff, 24/7 around the clock operation we are a little behind, but its all hands to the pump and we will catch up, once again sorry for the delay. :)
thanks for taking the time to reply, I will post in the CS section and see if it can be sent out today.

I was expecting a delay with it being black Friday etc so no problem

Associate
I ordered early Saturday morning and it was finally shipped yesterday, so the warehouse must have been cursing Gibbo for coming up with such tempting deals on graphics cards ;)

Soldato
I ordered early Saturday morning and it was finally shipped yesterday, so the warehouse must have been cursing Gibbo for coming up with such tempting deals on graphics cards ;)
Must agree, Ordered Monday and was sent out today.

I would hate to be working there at the moment with how busy they must be!

Back
Top Bottom