1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 42" Plasma - Black screen

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Paradiso, 8 Apr 2010.

1. Paradiso

Wise Guy

Hi.

Just wanted to ask quickly here before I start phoning repair shops tommrow. We have a Panasonic TH-42PX60B (about 4 years old nearly I think). It suddenly cut out mid programme and now just has a black screen when turned on, the red power light is on but no sound/picture. Is a 4 year lifespan typical for a plasma?

I've tried a few different scart cables, also just with dvd player plugged in, nothing responds, no menu etc. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and possible cost to fix?

Thanks

2. Sinopa

Gangster

Is the power light flashing, and if so how many times between pauses?

3. Syph

Soldato

Check the screen for damage - mine (a 2 month old G10) had a crack on the right side of the screen without me even noticing. Nothing hit it etc.

My first port of call was the watch the power light. As Sinopa said, it may blink several times (like beep codes) which will indicate what has happened to it.

4. Paradiso

Wise Guy

Weird its working again now, although for how long i'll have to see. There were no blinking lights just solid power light. If it goes off again after its been on for a while i'll let you know.

5. Caged

Capodecina

Panasonic power board failures are the most common fault on their plasmas aren't they?

6. Syph

Soldato

Yeah, that's what my lights indicated when mine broke, but it was actually the screen lol.