Paralympic Athletics

Caporegime
Weathers supposed to be good too, enjoy :)

What a lovely day - got to see David Weir at his 2nd medal ceremony and the GB Women get the Bronze for the 4x100m. Cant see Weir not win the 800m tomorrow after dominating the heats today - all the disqualifications in the Mens Visually Impaired 4x100m were surprising...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah my hands started to hurt quite quickly in the session (think we had 8 medal ceremonies!) - crowd went mental every time there was a GB athlete on track/field (or when there was a struggler at the back of the race), but were conversely respectful when the visually impaired relays were taking place (runners need to hear their guides during changeover). Really really glad I got down there into the stadium and many Mexican waves were partaken :)

Deffo want to hit the velodrome/swimming when the Commonwealths hit Scotland, bit annoyed with myself I allowed these events to nearly pass me by in comparison...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not too long to go now before the 100m final.

Before that is David Weir in the 800m going for his third gold.

Been a good night so far with Hannah Cockcroft getting another gold, hopefully it'll get even better :)

Edit: Weir wins, gold number 3!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Weirwolf wins the marathon! Well it is his favoured event ;)

Doubt we will ever see someone completely dominate middle and long-distance athletics like he has - been a long time coming for him though. Well deserved :D

EDIT: Woods gets Silver in the womens marathon :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom