Paralympics Closing

Soldato
Anyone else watching?

Have to say I have been very impressed with the Paralympics, hopefully it has blown away many of the taboos associated with "disability".

Will miss the Olympics sorely :(

Baz

Baz

Soldato
I was amazed by the Olympics, until I saw a guy with no arms doing the backstroke and winning! Truly amazing and inspirational..

Not sure what the steampunk theme is though....

Caporegime
Channel 4 undoing all their hard work through the games by ruining the closing ceremony with retarded adverts and idiot commentators.

Caporegime
This is getting beyond a joke now. Are they seriously going to just play coldplay songs all night?

Bit off a bummer if you went to see it and don't like cold play

Soldato
Had 2x £50.00 Tickets in me basket for this shower of **** the other day :o Starting to feel much better about letting the payment screen timer run down.

And yes 15 Coldplay tracks, enjoy. :(

Soldato
Coldplay have to go down as one of the worst live performances after that, a whole god damn night of them.

Wearisome, boring, dull lifeless tone to the whole event.

Soldato
OP
It was not too bad, but was not sure about the focus on Coldplay and the adverts definately disrupts the flow.

Nothing will beat the Olympics 2012 Opening Ceremony. The section with "And I will Kiss" is just amazing. Especially if you get the 1080i50 with DTS MA master feed with no stupid commentary.

Caporegime
Didn't reckon anything to either of the Paralympic ceremonies, the Olympic opening by Danny Boyle was by far my favourite what with Underworld and Mike Oldfield etc... the other ceremonies have primarily just been glorified concerts.

I enjoyed the Paralympics itself though even though a lot of the events are grossly unfair.

Soldato
I was there and it was fantastic. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone as I love Coldplay too. Everyone joined in the singing and kept singing even when it was over and it was sadly time to leave.

I got goosebumps at times and grinned the rest of the time. Amazing light, sound, performance and experience.

Back
Top Bottom