Paralympics Closing

Soldato
Managed to watch the ceremony from the link above and really enjoyed it. Must have been even more incredible there as the atmosphere is 4-5 times that of what is shown on TV imo. Thought some of the music was quite fitting but could do with more variety of acts and possibly more montage like the second to last song.
As for Rihanna and Jay-Z - extremely poor choice of acts to use (as mentioned not even British).

They could have gotten Adele, Plan B or whoever really.

Soldato
I was there and it was incredible!

I'd also add that I've never really been a fan of Coldplay, so wasn't sure what to think when it was announced beforehand that it was basically all Coldplay. Turns out though that they are brilliant as a live act and it worked perfectly, I fully see why Kim Gavin wanted them onboard and they jumped at the chance being a big stadium band.

I've not had a chance to watch the tv broadcast yet, so not sure how much Coldplay was the focus. I found that there was so much going on that my eyes were just darting about trying to take it all in, especially nearer the beginning when the 'Mad Max' crew rolled in. The Pyrotechnics, fireworks and machines they had made were awesome.

There were some other good tracks that were played, I think likely by David Arnold and the London Symphony Orchestra... not sure if they will release a CD for this one though, as the others were out the next day.

I've got plenty of photos and some video, but still got loads of other London 2012 photos to sort out before I get to them!

Back
Top Bottom