Paralympics Tickets availability

Soldato
Is there any news of anymore tickets to be released for the athletics?

im desperate to go, but i cant find anything what so ever! :(

Soldato
Odd tickets being re-released back onto the site, as per during the main Games. There won't be a big ticket re-release as per a few weeks before the Games because so many of the Paralympics tickets have been sold.

Soldato
I flipping cannot believe it. Just bought 2 lots of 2 Band C tickets at £100 for the closing ceremony. First time for both attempts so must be loads available. Didn't get anything at various combos of 1-3 tickets at £20 and £50, hence going for 2 x £100, securing them and then trying again.

FInally, a chance to get into the park and get to see at least Coldplay at least. ANd it will be a family day out too!

Woop!!!

Edit: Ok, turns out most of the Park is closed for the ceremony which is a bit of a shame and only opens at 5.30pm but nevermind, still glad I got them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jus tried again. £100 still available as I got through to the payment page. I really hope it's not some error where I'll find out I bought non-existent tickets.

Soldato
OP
i have 2 x Athletics for the 4th (PM) 2 x Esquestrian on the 4th (AM) 7 x athletics on the 2nd, and excel day passes :D

would love closing ceremony to now haha. greed!!

Soldato
Edit: Ok, turns out most of the Park is closed for the ceremony which is a bit of a shame and only opens at 5.30pm but nevermind, still glad I got them.

Family member managed to get 4 tickets for the Closing Ceremony, I was hoping to make it a day in the Park, where did you find out that it won't be open to ticket holders until 5:30pm?

Soldato
Family member managed to get 4 tickets for the Closing Ceremony, I was hoping to make it a day in the Park, where did you find out that it won't be open to ticket holders until 5:30pm?

If you google Paralympics closing ceremony, one of the links is a pdf leaflet from the official website that I think will arrive with the tickets. It mentions the opening time and shows a map of the park that is open, among other things.

We'll probably just end up spending a couple of hours in town beforehand.

Soldato
Just had a read of it.... though it seems a bit vague.

It says the entry to the stadium isn't until 5:30pm rather than the the Park itself, which makes sense as when I was there before you couldn't get close to the stadium until a session was on which you have a ticket for.

I would imagine you can probably still enter the Olympic Park at any time during the day. What isn't clear though is what the deal is with the Park restrictions, as it does show that during the Closing Ceremony it will be restricted to an area covering the Orbit, Aquatics Centre Entrance and around to the large McDonalds and Shop. There are supposed to be other events on still at the Park earlier in the day, so perhaps come 5:30pm they will have moved everybody into the restricted area.... probably not too dissimilar to when I was at Eton Dorney and they started moving everybody on.

Really I'd just like to go earlier in the day to watch some of the final action at Park Live, as that was the one thing I didn't have time to do last time I was there. I might e-mail to check.

Back
Top Bottom