1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Ticket

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Russinating, 25 Sep 2009.

1. Russinating

Capodecina

Dadaaa... they got me. I knew it'd probably happen at some point, but that doesn't stop me wanting to wriggle out of it.

Basically I live on a one way street. The left had side is a standard 8am-6pm, 2 hours, no return within 4 restricted zone. The right hand side is unrestricted.

I came out of my house and the warden was onto the next car, so I'd been done in the past 5 minutes (approx 12pm). He said he'd been round before at 9.31am (precise git). I quickly moved my car, parked it in the unrestricted zone and took photos of my car there.

Is there anything I do to wriggle out like you can with speeding fines, or am I hopeless to the power of a 60 year old man with a hat, badge, very precise watch and portable printer?

2. osc89er

Wise Guy

In most instances when the council catch you fair and square then you are stuck with paying the fine.

The only exceptions are when the area is not signposted correctly or if the ticket has not been issued with the correct details.

Other than that you took your chances and you lost this time.

3. Russinating

Capodecina

That's kind of what I thought, although my dad got caught speeding fair and square, wrote a letter to the appropriate agency and basically got let off.

I was just wondering if there was anything similar for parking tickets, ie never paying, claiming there was no notice on your vehicle, etc.

4. Gaz1988

Wise Guy

pay the fine.