Parking Tickets and Parking fees...

Soldato
I got a parking ticket on Sunday parking outside my dad's house which i do every single sunday!

There was no charge for the ticket just a warning because they have recently made it so that i need a visitors pass to park outside my dad's house!

I find this outrageous, my dad and stepmom will have to buy a pass for them to park in there own road, and they are only allowed to 2 cars parked for each house! This is also ridiculous, they have lived there for years now, and i dont think they should have to pay for the right of parking!

Sorry for the rant, but this has Really got me annoyed!!

Is there anything we can do to stop this madness?

Soldato
OP
Goatyman said:
Is it not likely that the local residents have asked for the road to be brought into a controlled zone?

Very unlikely tbh, the road is right next to a main shopping street, so the council have decided the road is only used for parking for the shops! which is a very rare thing as there are never spaces. I would understand if they gave passes to the home owners, and visitors, and provided parking elsewhere for shoppers where they might need to pay, but this is crazy

Associate
TinkerBell said:
... but this is crazy

Crazy, but increasingly common. Just ask anyone living in London. Stupid thing was, when I lived in Fulham I had to pay for a residents parking permit. However the road was also covered by pay and display ticket machines. Not only did I have to pay to park outside my house, whenever Fulham FC played at home there were no spaces available for miles around. :mad:

Associate
Join the club. I'm a ten minute walk from wimbledon station but still have a permit zone on my road. Council can make money for nothing. Bit like the price of petrol, there's nothing you can do about it so accept it or move to NZ. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom