1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pass Plus

Discussion in 'Motors' started by triggerthat, 23 Jan 2006.

1. triggerthat

Soldato

Is it recommended? People are saying you can save upto X percent. However the companies that do accept Pass Plus, it's much more expensive without PP.

2. Mackass

Wise Guy

Norwich Union offer 30% off for Pass Plus. In my opinion, it helps young drivers alot.

3. VeNT

Capodecina

if your going for one of the few groups that do reduce for PP, but LOTS don't, I'd phone around BEFORE I took it and ask them how much with and without the PP

4. Ollie's Gadgets

Hitman

Can save you money, but as you say it is often on the more expensive policies. Try Norwich union direct, they seem to offer good reductions. If you just want the extra driving experience/knowledge then you are better off going on the IAM advanced driving course "Skill for life" package. The pass plus really just skims the surface of advanced driving.

5. real

Hitman

I'd recommend it. Best quote without PP £1900 and with PP it when down to £1400. A £500 pound saving. If you can get your old instructor to give you a discount it can work out even more worth-while.

6. VeNT

Capodecina

but I got a quote of 425-450 WITH or WITHOUT PP! thats first ever insurance in my own name

7. cheets64

PermaBanned

I'd recommend it just for the extra learning on the motorway, why on earth we dont teach learners how to drive on the motorway is beyond me.

8. Shamrock

Soldato

In my experience, Tesco is the cheapest regardless of whether the other companies give pass plus reductions.

9. robjf

Mobster

Ive found CIS to be fairly good, do they discount for pass plus?

rob