Passat pics - before i sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Caporegime
To get the road in ?

I saw the trees creating a sort of "valley" and thought using the rule of thirds I would put the car to the right of it. I couldnt park in the middle of the road, as cars and mainly tractors were going past.

What am I supposed to do, turn into superman, balance my car on the top of the eiffel tower ?

You say they are too dark and over contrasted, which is exactly what the pictures of a 335i in someone elses thread are (who is a photographer) and yet your all on your knees...

This forum amazes me sometimes!

Sorry dude, I know your getting into photography so have a lot to learn but those pictures aren't all that to be honest.

You've over done it on the contrast as Paridigm stated, also just because someone else upped the contrast in their photos and everyone loved them that doesn't mean by doing it people automatically like yours :p. The rules of 3rd rule should have been implied IF you were taking a landscape photo and were including the car...

However, the subject is the car so I would've kept it mainly on that, much closer too so others can see the car.

Retake the shots in better light, much much closer (who wants to see a road when your selling a car?), and the longest focal length you have to avoid lens distortion. :)

Also do you have a tripod? mount the camera on that and try for a longer exposure and higher aperture number, help bring in the colours and the whole car in focus.

Better pictures will massively help sell the car!

Caporegime
Sorry dude, I know your getting into photography so have a lot to learn but those pictures aren't all that to be honest.

You've over done it on the contrast as Paridigm stated, also just because someone else upped the contrast in their photos and everyone loved them that doesn't mean by doing it people automatically like yours :p. The rules of 3rd rule should have been implied IF you were taking a landscape photo and were including the car...

However, the subject is the car so I would've kept it mainly on that, much closer too so others can see the car.

Retake the shots in better light, much much closer (who wants to see a road when your selling a car?), and the longest focal length you have to avoid lens distortion. :)

Is my attempt any better Mr expert? :p

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/janes1536/IMG_2614.jpg

Permabanned
OP

Thanks Phate, finally a post thats constructive and not just full of insults :)

Permabanned
No, I was pwned because I didn't believe that you took those shots with a D70 and you posted exif info. I guess you really are that bad.

I originally thought the pics were a deliberate troll, but looking at some other car pics on his flickr it's clearly not a subject that suits him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/statikedout/page4/

Some quite nice building ones though. Maybe listen to Phate's tips to get some decent car ones twoblacklines?

Caporegime
Thanks Phate, finally a post thats constructive and not just full of insults :)

Photos aside, I do find you jump on the defensive/assumptions almost straight away in every thread. This lot here ain't all that bad (you should try some other forums to find out what bad is!), and a lot of them know very well what they are talking about ::)

Take a chill pill, don't automatically assume the whole place is out to shoot you down in embarrassing flames and try and enjoy yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom