Passat pics - before i sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
You could buy a nice e39 530i sport and have some money left over from 10K to run and maintain it. I think you would struggle to do this with an m3.

Also - how much is insurance on an m3 for you compared to the VW you have now?

Why would i want to buy a 5 door heavy car if im looking at an m3 coupe ?

I would be better off buying a 328i Sport, but im looking for m3 performance (including handling and braking).

FFS, ferarri are now making stupid electronic engines, its only a matter of time untill we cant drive performance cars anymore. So i want one whilst we can.

Caporegime
I would be better off buying a 328i Sport, but im looking for m3 performance (including handling and braking).

Then buy one, but for the love of god, make sure it's a good one, budget a good £6k+ (probably £7k) if you are dead set on an EVO. However seriously consider the older 3.0, they have a more reliable engine (only single VANOS), and aren't noticably slower (mainly due to EVO's rarely making anywhere near quoted power). They are also both similarly tunable.

Petrol isnt an outgoing.

Good job you buy DIESEL then really.

Permabanned
OP
Correct

Where was that hinted at, let alone said?

Seriously, don't destroy a decent car, keep the Passat.
Whilst the quality may have seen a modest step-up unfortunately the content is still pap.
They will be tatty, they won't be a nice example, and they will need a lot spending on them to make them good again. This doesn't mean the E36 M3 EVO is "rubbish" it just means you don't buy a shabby one, you buy a good one.
£5k gets you a good one.

Again, where was this said?
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16392177&postcount=34

Where was this said?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16392447&postcount=44

You could really benefit from reading before posting.

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;16392899 said:
So you go to the COLLEGE of St Mark and St John yet are confused when people say you go to college?

No, i go to UCP Marjon, which for the benefit of the rest of the forum stands for UNIVERSITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH MARJON

I have highlighted the key word in the acryonym.

Caporegime
£5k gets you a good one.

No, it really doesn't. Take this from someone who spent the best part of 6 months trying to find one he would actually want to own, and in the end walking away from the idea due to most of them being pretty darn well wrecked. In the end I found a few that I'd be content with owning, and they were the high-side of £7,000.

I gave you some good advice on the E36 M3, and you've chosen to ignore it because it isn't what you want to hear. I'm sorry, but tough ****, performance cars cost money.

Permabanned
OP
Then buy one, but for the love of god, make sure it's a good one, budget a good £6k+ (probably £7k) if you are dead set on an EVO. However seriously consider the older 3.0, they have a more reliable engine (only single VANOS), and aren't noticably slower (mainly due to EVO's rarely making anywhere near quoted power). They are also both similarly tunable.

I cant find any 3.0's in the color I want though (techno violet), so its having to be an Evo, otherwise your quite correct in that statement.

Soldato
This is one of the main reasons people get so frustrated with your posts twoblacklines - the few people left who try to give you genuine advice (paradigm in this case) just get ingored or shunned.

Permabanned
OP
Well that's just proven fact is it not?

How so ? My car has 130hp and 225 lb/ft but according to fox its worthless because it doesnt rev high. Which suprises me as i completely anhiallated a scooby sport on a private road the other day, which was not a diesel and has the same power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom