Passat pics - before i sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
This is one of the main reasons people get so frustrated with your posts twoblacklines - the few people left who try to give you genuine advice (paradigm in this case) just get ingored or shunned.

How am i ignoring him ? By agreeing with him ? So you find it sensible to buy a car in the completely wrong colour to what you really want, just so you buy the 3.0 version ? LAWL.

Caporegime
How am i ignoring him ? By agreeing with him ? So you find it sensible to buy a car in the completely wrong colour to what you really want, just so you buy the 3.0 version ? LAWL.

You're arguing with the fact I said you can't get a good one for £5k (not without dropping your requirement to a 3.0). Also, techno violet is pretty gay ;)

Caporegime
How so ? My car has 130hp and 225 lb/ft but according to fox its worthless because it doesnt rev high. Which suprises me as i completely anhiallated a scooby sport on a private road the other day, which was not a diesel and has the same power.

Which is true. 1 lb-ft of torque at 100rpm is different to 1lb-ft at 10,000rpm.

And thats the other reason. Endless BS and bragging about racing on public roads

It was probably a 100bhp NA thing with AWD, my Fiesta would show one the door :p

Permabanned
OP
You're still young, why don't you just buy something a bit more manageable now and then start saving and planning for something more exotic in the near future?

In the near future (say 5 years, i doubt we will have any oil, therefore any fuel).

I dont want to look back on my life and have missed out because we ran out of oil.

If you follow the stock code DES, well theres lots of money to be made there, DES = Desire Petroleum. All that risk depending on wether they find oil in the falklands or not. If we werent globally running out, the share price wouldnt be so high even if they found millions of years worth of dependable oil.

Permabanned
OP
You're arguing with the fact I said you can't get a good one for £5k (not without dropping your requirement to a 3.0). Also, techno violet is pretty gay ;)

So how much do I have to spend to get a good one ? Wheres the rule that says "You have to spend £50k to buy a good 3.0 10 year old m3 ?"

Caporegime
In the near future (say 5 years, i doubt we will have any oil, therefore any fuel).

Ah, someone who doesn't understand oil production.

So how much do I have to spend to get a good one ? Wheres the rule that says "You have to spend £50k to buy a good 3.0 10 year old m3 ?"

And there is the proof that you ignored what I wrote. I think you'll find I gave you a rough budget with which to look for a good one. £6k+ for a decent one (probably end up with an older higher milage coupe, or a decent saloon), or more realistically £7k+ if you want to be picky about spec, colour, milage, and history.

Where did anyone mention £50k, or are you just full of sensationalist bobbins?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
A Subaru Impreza Sport is a non-turbo variant with 116ps. That's why you 'annihilated' it.

But my car doesnt rev as high, therefore surely (from fox's thinking) my car should still be slower anyway ?

And the sport has 140hp btw.

Specifications

• Displacement: 1994 cm³
  • Bore: 92.0 mm
  • Stroke: 75.0 mm
EJ20E SOHC naturally aspirated

1989-1994 125 hp (93 kW) BC - BF series
1993-1999 135 hp (101 kW) BD - BG series
1998-2004 137 hp (102 kW) BE - BH series
2003-2009 140 hp (100 kW) BL - BP series

1993-1999 135 hp (101 kW) GC - GF series
2008-current 140 hp (100 kW) GH series

Soldato

I dont want to look back on my life and have missed out because we ran out of oil.

lol wut?

Renault predict that by 2020 5% of our road cars will be eletric powered. I guess the other 95% will have holes cut in the bottom and we'll all be Flintstone-ing about?

Man of Honour
If the photos were taken to sell the car, they need to be closer (to get an idea of condition) and preferably outside your property as people prefer that.

Soldato
But my car doesnt rev as high, therefore surely (from fox's thinking) my car should still be slower anyway ?

No, a 3.0 TDI Audi is faster than a 1.2 Punto despite the Punto reving higher. It's a combination of the two, plus other factors such as weight.

Your just being a nonce and looking for an arguement.

Soldato

If you follow the stock code DES, well theres lots of money to be made there, DES = Desire Petroleum. All that risk depending on wether they find oil in the falklands or not. If we werent globally running out, the share price wouldnt be so high even if they found millions of years worth of dependable oil.

Did someone tell you to say that? Perhaps not the best example considering their share price has dropped in value by 53.43% in the past month :)

Permabanned
OP
Did someone tell you to say that? Perhaps not the best example considering their share price has dropped in value by 53.43% in the past month :)

Thats because they found oil in the first well they dug, but then published that it is not of sufficient quality for production. They are digging 5 more wells ;)

Permabanned
OP
No, a 3.0 TDI Audi is faster than a 1.2 Punto despite the Punto reving higher. It's a combination of the two, plus other factors such as weight.

Your just being a nonce and looking for an arguement.

That post was fox's reply to one of mine, so if anything he is the one looking for an arguement. I guess being in the ocuk motors clique and all, thats ok.

Soldato

And the sport has 140hp btw.

Specifications

• Displacement: 1994 cm³
  • Bore: 92.0 mm
  • Stroke: 75.0 mm
EJ20E SOHC naturally aspirated

1989-1994 125 hp (93 kW) BC - BF series
1993-1999 135 hp (101 kW) BD - BG series
1998-2004 137 hp (102 kW) BE - BH series
2003-2009 140 hp (100 kW) BL - BP series

1993-1999 135 hp (101 kW) GC - GF series
2008-current 140 hp (100 kW) GH series

How do you know you "annihilated" him? Did you both park up beforehand and say "Right, let's race!!1" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom