1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed MOT!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Scania, 29 Jul 2006.

1. Scania

Capodecina

Happy post tinged with minor rant! :o :D

My wallet can feel easy again, just taken my car for its MOT (yes, I was dreading it!) much to my delight, it passed with just a note of caution about "slightly corroded brake pipes" - which will be in due course replaced.

Amazing, whilst getting my rear tyres replaced ready for the MOT, the tyre fitter commented that my "Cats needed replacing" which I was suspicious about, glad to say "my" garage who look after it & MOT'd it, confirmed he was talking crap and after making a few quid out of me! :mad:

Bloody annoying that the motor trade try their best to make money from you when works not required.

I'm considering a letter to the local trading standards, alas, i doubt it will do anything constructive to prevent these ripp-off merchants! :mad:

Moral of the story? Always get a 2'nd opinion I suppose.

Grrr!

2. thebrasso

Soldato

I'm always a bit wary because I'm not mechanically competant. But I know that when I've been there problems have been fixed, some of which I'd diagnosed myself like knackered wheel bearings.