Password managers

Soldato
There's always a discount code knocking about for it, usually 50% off, bringing it down to $19.99.

You can stack your subscriptions too, so when it's on offer again, I add another year on top.

My subscription at the moment expires Jan 2022

Need to look for this as I'm sorting out this at the moment, passwords spread over Norton, iPhone and Dashlane. Slowly consolidating into LastPass atm.

Soldato
Need to look for this as I'm sorting out this at the moment, passwords spread over Norton, iPhone and Dashlane. Slowly consolidating into LastPass atm.

I haven't been able to find any discounts for Dashlane renewals, it seems like it's either $39.99+VAT or nothing, none of the vouchers in discount websites work for renewals.

Soldato
I haven't been able to find any discounts for Dashlane renewals, it seems like it's either $39.99+VAT or nothing, none of the vouchers in discount websites work for renewals.

I'm moving to Lastpass, considered going for the paid version of Dashlane, but have closed that account now.

Soldato
Lastpass free tier is about to be gimped, you’ll only be able to use it properly either purely on desktops or mobile devices.

https://support.logmeininc.com/last...-to-change-for-lastpass-free-on-march-16-2021

“We’re making changes to how LastPass Free users access LastPass across device types. LastPass offers access across two device types - Computers (including all browsers running on desktops and laptops) or Mobile Devices (including mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets). Starting March 16, 2021, LastPass Free will only include access on unlimited devices of one type.”

Time to move on if you still use the free tier.

Soldato
Lastpass free tier is about to be gimped, you’ll only be able to use it properly either purely on desktops or mobile devices.

https://support.logmeininc.com/last...-to-change-for-lastpass-free-on-march-16-2021

“We’re making changes to how LastPass Free users access LastPass across device types. LastPass offers access across two device types - Computers (including all browsers running on desktops and laptops) or Mobile Devices (including mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets). Starting March 16, 2021, LastPass Free will only include access on unlimited devices of one type.”

Time to move on if you still use the free tier.

Come to Bitwarden. I'm using the paid version just to support them even though the free version has all the features that I need.

Soldato
Just got the email, within 30secs I have exported my passwords, signed up for Bitwarden and imported. I just deleted my LastPass account also, removed all the apps across my device and will sign into Bitwarden next time I pick them up. Seems like this is in line with the LogMeIn business practice of just cutting off features, I get they want to make money but because of this I am now likely to stay with Bitwarden and support their packages.

Soldato
I'm glad I spotted this thread because I haven't received an email from LastPass yet. I've just switched over to Bitwarden and it seems pretty much exactly the same so far, which is a good thing.

Associate
LastPass user here. It's a shame about the free tier change. I will most likely change once my premium expires. Hopefully there will be some discounted renewal when I'm due to renew.

Back
Top Bottom