• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Patch to enable PhysX with AMD GPUs

Associate
Can someone show me how to set up the drivers for this
Install the drivers.
Install the patch.
Restart.
Right button > Screen Resolution.
Click 'Detect'.
Select the 'Another display not detected' on the nVidia card with PhysX support.
Select 'Display device on: VGA'.
Under multiple displays select 'Extend desktop to this display'.
Move the display to the top left corner to avoid your mouse disappearing unexpectedly.
Launch NVIDIA PhysX Properties in the Start Menu.
Enable.

Soldato
Hold on, I thought the ATI crowd said physx is a joke? So why have they hacked it for the ATI cards?

Oh well at least you ATI boys can stop crying now....

lol PhysX is a joke, but I'd like to use my PPU along side my ATI card and currently even with this "patch" I can't.

Soldato
You know, I was watching some videos of the 8400GS doing some PhysX work, and it actually is quite cool.

I'll have that 5850 come Christmas :D

Associate
Hold on, I thought the ATI crowd said physx is a joke? So why have they hacked it for the ATI cards?
PhysX is a gimmick, one which will never take off naturally due to ATi not supporting it. The only reason it has got this far is because nVidia has been paying off developers to support it. However, just because it's a gimmick doesn't mean I don't want to use it. At the end of the day it adds extra touches and as I own an nVidia card capable of PhysX I want to be able to use it.

Oh well at least you ATI boys can stop crying now....
Why do you feel the need to bait ATI users into an argument? Have you really got nothing better to do than to stir up trouble in an online forum. That is rather sad.

Associate
Deuse i am not crying i got my 5870 today and i am smiling very happily and couldn't give a tinkers cuss about physx. Guess your not overly familiar with the principle thing where it isn't that physx is some great thing but the fact that nvidia have resorted yet again to games and underhanded tactics to gain an advantage. Also a lot of people that have spent good money in the past with nvidia were dumped on because of a petty minded business that didn't like the idea of people making the best of what they had and enjoying the benefits from both brands rather then just nvidia exclusively. Actually if you think about it the "crying" is about us consumers being treated fairly and decently by companys so your against that are you ?.

Back
Top Bottom