Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Agreed that after all the changes and a bit of deeper looking into this league's mechanics it seems like it's going to be pretty fun.

I'm making it a bit easier on myself this time and going for a Lancing steel Champion as the starter. I'll probably stick with that until most of the stuff is cleared and then mess around with the new skills or some of the tweaked Vaal skills.

There's some pretty nasty looking effects in the Ultimatum encounters, should shake things up a little!

Associate
Agreed that after all the changes and a bit of deeper looking into this league's mechanics it seems like it's going to be pretty fun.
The new league seems fun but for me it's the reworks of all the old ones. Getting to see your enchants before applying them and getting THREE choices of helm enchant?
Getting to use your offerings to open trials?

Stuff like that really sells it

Associate

I'm making it a bit easier on myself this time and going for a Lancing steel Champion as the starter. I'll probably stick with that until most of the stuff is cleared and then mess around with the new skills or some of the tweaked Vaal skills.

There's some pretty nasty looking effects in the Ultimatum encounters, should shake things up a little!

suspect it be overtuned a bit :)
death ahoy

Soldato
I'm really liking that the drop table for normal monsters / maps is being revisited, will be nice for a headhunter to drop every day for me... :D

Aye, back to having my heart skip a beat whenever I see "Leather Belt" :p (and it turns out to be Wurm's)

Associate
The new league seems fun but for me it's the reworks of all the old ones. Getting to see your enchants before applying them and getting THREE choices of helm enchant?
Getting to use your offerings to open trials?

Stuff like that really sells it

Yeah I literally clapped my hands when they announced that part, I don't think I've ever found a helm enchant for myself that fits a build I'm running so this should make things so much less of a chore. Plus the numerous times where I've boxed off 5/6 trials in a night or two and then have to resort to a carry in the chat after a week of not finding the final one.

Associate
worst launch I ever been, 130.000 in cue ahead.
so I quit this crap and hopefully it be fixed tomorrow morning.
just another GGG quality assurance its fixed when it wasn't again.
crappy company

Soldato
The league mechanic is actually pretty fun so far, seems like it's gonna be a great risk/reward encounter.

The launch itself is a disaster, easily the worst one yet from my experience.
Agreed, I had some good items for a level 5 character until it timed out and I lost it all! Maybe it will be better tomorrow... :)

Associate
The streamer priority thing really annoyed me after seeing the various reactions, some annoyed and disapproving which was nice to see, then others feigning all knowledge when clearly following instructions to get in and acting all surprised. Some even deleted the clips people took to cover their tracks.

Plus it wasn't just the regular streamers that got in, in some cases their whole crew got in as well, the kinds of groups that actively make insane amounts of currency during the league, pulling little tricks to manipulate the economy in their favour.

I'd have been happier if there was some transparency beforehand because I get the whole marketing thing, I don't think people would have minded at all. All they've done is show that they can give streamers priority/bonus behind the scenes and further fuel the "Streamer RNG"conspiracy theories.

Associate
The streamer priority thing really annoyed me after seeing the various reactions, some annoyed and disapproving which was nice to see, then others feigning all knowledge when clearly following instructions to get in and acting all surprised. Some even deleted the clips people took to cover their tracks.

Plus it wasn't just the regular streamers that got in, in some cases their whole crew got in as well, the kinds of groups that actively make insane amounts of currency during the league, pulling little tricks to manipulate the economy in their favour.

I'd have been happier if there was some transparency beforehand because I get the whole marketing thing, I don't think people would have minded at all. All they've done is show that they can give streamers priority/bonus behind the scenes and further fuel the "Streamer RNG"conspiracy theories.

it blow up for GGG big time.

To many streamer smug craps also

Soldato

Got any evidence of that? Quite the bold claim there.

When you got 20k+ watching a stream I'm not against some people getting priority queue. But, trolling the viewers when that does happen isn't cool aka Quin69.

Associate
Got any evidence of that? Quite the bold claim there.

When you got 20k+ watching a stream I'm not against some people getting priority queue. But, trolling the viewers when that does happen isn't cool aka Quin69.

It was Empyrian and the group he plays with that all got it, with only Empyrian being the known/more popular streamer. I didn't watch him myself (don't like the guy tbh after previous questionable antics), but a lot of people have confirmed on reddit that this was the case. He's being mentioned quite a lot in the various threads over there.

This was his odd response when he got called out in his twitch chat about it: https://streamable.com/d0dsl6

Apparently they all managed to blast through into mapping before he asked to be taken off the priority list like other streamers, so hours of jumping the queues during all the disconnects. They probably were able to build quite a gap on some of their competitors.

Soldato
It was Empyrian and the group he plays with that all got it, with only Empyrian being the known/more popular streamer. I didn't watch him myself (don't like the guy tbh after previous questionable antics), but a lot of people have confirmed on reddit that this was the case. He's being mentioned quite a lot in the various threads over there.

This was his odd response when he got called out in his twitch chat about it: https://streamable.com/d0dsl6

Apparently they all managed to blast through into mapping before he asked to be taken off the priority list like other streamers, so hours of jumping the queues during all the disconnects. They probably were able to build quite a gap on some of their competitors.

Yeah I've seen that video doing the rounds, but it doesn't show non streamer friends getting in. That thread (here) is due to his take which as one of the comments there says, sums it up quite well.

"Yes X is unfair, but Y is also unfair so shut up about X" is a really weird argument to make. You could use that to excuse literally all unfairness in the world."

If people have issue with priority queues it should be directed to GGG not the streamer IMO.

Will also add Empyrian has since apologised and made a great contribution to charity.

edit: Does seem to be one huge mess with the log in privilege with some notable streamers not getting it too. I think we'll get a statement/comment on it over the weekend since most big streamers have since requested it to be removed.

Last edited:
Associate
Between the awful launch and the frankly rather unengaging league mechanic, which from what I've seen of high tier maps from people just amounts to more rare enemy bloat, I'm done already in Act 3
Barely completing one quest at a time before getting bored

Last league was sold to me on the back of the endgame expansion, this one on the old content changes. But it's not like I can't enjoy those changes some other time

Back
Top Bottom