Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Slow going for me, barely made though act 7 yet as I've been a bit under the weather and not played much.

Will also add Empyrian has since apologised and made a great contribution to charity.

Nice of him to own up at least and do something positive out of it, although it's probably going to be forgotten seeing as they are all now banned for exploiting :D

Edit: Looks like a very grey area to me for banning people tbh, I'm guessing the people that are gone have been really abusing it and flagged themselves up in some way.

Last edited:
Associate
Went back after many seasons of absence and reminded myself why I stopped playing this game in the first place. I love it at first but even with, following guides/trying some trading for better gear (still hate the way loot drops in this game, apart from early in the campaign, I never seem to get reasonable useful gear unless I trade for it), I still end up hating the game after a certain point. Its like you suddenly hit a stone wall in terms of progress (hate the way you lose precious XP when you die after you trying to be so careful of trying to get to the next level), plus there are soooooo many mechanics/boss fights you need to learn, it gets far too confusing or fun, for me at least. Having only experienced the early part of so called end game (early maps etc), I feel like I am missing out much the end game POE has to offer but its simply too hard and not fun after a certain point for me.

Maybe try another season in the future but for now, I have a real love hate relationship with this game.

Soldato
Like EVE and WOW before it, it's drowning in bloat and is much less fun and much more chore than it's worth - unless you have all day every day to play games and nothing else you want to do.

Associate
I'm personally probably not coming back to the game until the next major expansion or PoE2 whichever comes first
Leagues just aren't enough of a shakeup to the game to warrant interest anymore

Associate
Struggling for motivation already, the steel build I was following felt super squishy in ultimatums so I switched to a zombie build, which is way tankier, but far slower to clear.

I'm finding the ultimatums themselves very hit and miss at this point. By mid maps they're either pretty easy or a good way to quickly kill yourself. I've not had anything super special from them yet other than a stack of chaos orbs here and there.

If it wasn't for a friend really enjoying himself after not playing for a while and partnering up for support I think I would have called it quits already.

POE 2 can't come quick enough unless there's more major updates.

Soldato
Played this game since launch and first time I've actually got into map farming.

Level 84 and playing a jugg righteous fire build. Most maps are pretty safe and easy kills (only up to t6 mind) but not happy with the DPS output.

Endgame is such a grind to get better gear and levels. Enjoying it though all said and done.

Associate
New league mechanic looks a bit meh if I'm honest. Seems like it's going to be one of the slower time sink ones rather than the quick snappy variety that you can speed farm with maps.

The new skills look nice, glad they've added 19 rather than the usual 2-4. Coupled with the nerfs it should hopefully make things interesting and open up the meta game a little. It sounds like it could be a hefty list of changes, so it could take some time to adjust, I imagine there's going to be quite a bit of negativity surrounding it but we'll just have to see if it the changes are for the best.

I'll still try the league as I always do, but not holding out for anything amazing this time around.

Associate
New league mechanic looks a bit meh if I'm honest. Seems like it's going to be one of the slower time sink ones rather than the quick snappy variety that you can speed farm with maps.

The new skills look nice, glad they've added 19 rather than the usual 2-4. Coupled with the nerfs it should hopefully make things interesting and open up the meta game a little. It sounds like it could be a hefty list of changes, so it could take some time to adjust, I imagine there's going to be quite a bit of negativity surrounding it but we'll just have to see if it the changes are for the best.

I'll still try the league as I always do, but not holding out for anything amazing this time around.

change is good, adapt and conquer

Did you want a 3rd league in a row where we run around in circles?

ya, lol.
Looks better with more challenging mobs

Associate
Today, 7 hours from now the new Expedition league starts a 3 month adventure awaits you!

Streamers like Kripparian, famous from Diablo 3 and current Heartstone will be streaming 24/7.

Soldato
So is anyone playing the league?
It's just my 2nd league now, 3.13 now 3.15. Actually really enjoying the campaign just in SSFSC, died quite a few times but doesn't really matter in SC. Trying Enki's Archmage Hierophant which has been fine for campaign but I'm a bit slow and over-levelled (noob). I think it'll hit a wall with maps having a look at some of the streamers and comments

Back
Top Bottom