PATRIOT INSANITY CHRISTMAS DEALS - 16GB 4400MHz @ £99 AND 32GB 3200MHz @ £99

Associate
Just got my 4000mhz 8gb x4 in along with the 3900x, looking forward to having a play.

Initially though zen DRAM calculator is suggesting only 86% quality on the bin. Will have to see what we can achieve when I get a chance to play.
I'm considering another 2x 8GB so will be interested to see how you get on. Don't think I've see a quality score that low, usually 90 percent plus. I'm not sure how it's calculated thought. Hopefully it won't affect you too much.

OcUK Staff
OP
why i posted up the dram exchange article .
will be consoles most likely that will eat up remaining surplus pretty quickly , with a year still to go on ddr4 for PC gamers till DDR5

SSD is critcally all of a sudden, I simply cannot buy a single SSD right now, so the prices their have gone up quite a lot, like someone flicks a switch overnight and all of a sudden buying SSD from the manufacturers is near impossible.

Now they are getting figity over memory, prices going up, some refusing to even quote, so for sure dive in.

Soldato
SSD is critcally all of a sudden, I simply cannot buy a single SSD right now, so the prices their have gone up quite a lot, like someone flicks a switch overnight and all of a sudden buying SSD from the manufacturers is near impossible.

Now they are getting figity over memory, prices going up, some refusing to even quote, so for sure dive in.

this Sata 3 or NVMe ? again with MS and Sony moving to 'Next Gen' - (or as well know, currently in are PCs ) would that be eating supplies ? guessing with pending 10nm Intel laptops

you'll be quoted on that now- you'll be famous again in hardware news haha .

least Trade war at a bit of a standstill......

OcUK Staff
OP
this Sata 3 or NVMe ? again with MS and Sony moving to 'Next Gen' - (or as well know, currently in are PCs ) would that be eating supplies ? guessing with pending 10nm Intel laptops

you'll be quoted on that now- you'll be famous again in hardware news haha .

least Trade war at a bit of a standstill......

All SSD and some memory manufacturers are refusing to quote as they have no stock and cannot obtain supply of IC, once they can get supply then they shall quote I guess based on supply and demand.......

Soldato
All SSD and some memory manufacturers are refusing to quote as they have no stock and cannot obtain supply of IC, once they can get supply then they shall quote I guess based on supply and demand.......

ah, keep forgetting mobile phones effect stock too .. well. those kits look even more appealing!

Soldato
I'm considering another 2x 8GB so will be interested to see how you get on. Don't think I've see a quality score that low, usually 90 percent plus. I'm not sure how it's calculated thought. Hopefully it won't affect you too much.

yeah disappointing score but oh well!

haven’t had much time to play but already got it running 3600mhz (1800mhz on the infinity fabric) and 16-16-16-32-48 @1T 1.40v with all 4 sticks giving a latency of 67.4

So far stable but haven’t had time to properly test yet... can probably lower the voltage a bit.

Associate
yeah disappointing score but oh well!

haven’t had much time to play but already got it running 3600mhz (1800mhz on the infinity fabric) and 16-16-16-32-48 @1T 1.40v with all 4 sticks giving a latency of 67.4

So far stable but haven’t had time to properly test yet... can probably lower the voltage a bit.
That's pretty good already with four sticks. Hopefully you can squeeze a bit more out of them.

Soldato
Yeah 3600 CL16 is certainly ok... would be nice to squeak CL14 out. Will hopefully be able to play with it in the next few days. Done a bit of gaming as well as some benches/stress test and certainly all seems stable at the above settings so time to push for more!

Soldato
That's pretty good already with four sticks. Hopefully you can squeeze a bit more out of them.

well so far so good...

Just been trying out 3600mhz 14-15-14-28-42 @ 1T and 1.45v - initial tests are good, even beats the "best result" reference in the DRAM calculator! Off to do some stress testing.... if this is stable I'm pretty happy with that for 4 sticks!

pcfolML.png

Associate
That's a superb result. I've always been put off running four sticks as the results are always a little too much behind what you get from running two but you've done really well with them. It's just a shame they've gone up by £10 now. Serves me right for hesitating.

Soldato
Not sure where I got lucky - with the ram, the IMC on the chip or the motherboard.

Either way, I've run several hours of memtest, Karhu Ramtest, some Aida 64 mem/cache stability test, blender bench, PCMark, 3D mark, unigine superposition, cinebench and game wise Gears of war 5, COD Modern Warfare, and Star citizen. All good. Ram doesn't get more than just warm to the touch at 1.45v so think I'll just leave it there rather than trying to lower it - heat spreaders seem to do their job well.

Very happy that I managed to pick up 32gb of B-die at £160 and even happier that it's clocking at 3600mhz CL14 with 4 sticks! Cheers @Gibbo

Last edited:
Soldato
@Zeeflyboy what board do you have? I can't even get 3400mhz stable @CL17 but I haven't tried since August and have some motherboard updates that I could use, will try for more later but cba right now.

Back
Top Bottom