patriotism overload

Soldato
I dont hate the english,ive been to england pretty much for the last 8 years om holidays. Everybody seems nice enough. a lot of the english i know up here seem to be ****heads though :confused: .

Only reason i would hate the english is the idiots of tele that make the whole english nation look like arrogant so n so's!

I think most of the people who hate england are the same people who will hate catholic/protestant etc etc took this part out cause its for another thread :o

Associate
I picked up on this earlier in the thread (I am English btw);

Nix said:
England + Scotland + Wales + NI and to a lesser extent even Ireland = The UK.

The UK is actually The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain being made up of England, Scotland and Wales, although the land mass containing the UK and Ireland is known geographically as The British Isles.

I think anyone from Ireland would be upset at being linked as part of the UK even "to a lesser extent".

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you think I feel ?

A poor Taffy living in Essex being bombarded with it all :(

The first time I saw that ad I was visiting my parents back in Swansea and I did wonder WTF ? why show it there because it's just going to annoy people

I don't hate English people as such - hell I'm living with one of them ! - 99% of it is just playfull banter but some things do still annoy me

I've seen people in here refer to the UK as England :mad: it's little things like this that really really really rub the Welsh/Scots/Irish up the wrong way

Back
Top Bottom