Pay as you go sim options for a week

Associate
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not for queries about plans / providers etc, apologies if it isn't, but here goes...

I'm going to be back in the UK for the first time in about 4 years soon for a week, I ideally need to pick up some kind of pay as go micro sim that allows calls and data/tethering.

Which companies allow this? and where would the best place be to get one asap when flying into Heathrow.

Will need about 1-2gb of data, maybe like 30 min of voice calls and maybe 50 texts or something. I forget how it all works after dealing with Australia's weird phone setups.

Soldato
Giffgaff will give you all that and more for 12 quid

Problem is you can't just pick up a sim when you land , if you have family here you could get them to order you one.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

Probably the most important thing is that I can pick it up from Heathrow really, happy to pay a bit extra for the convenience of having a phone straight away.

Any other suggestions?

Associate
Try WH Smiths in arrivals, or any shop in arrovals. Or ask family to pick one up for you. If it's only for a few weeks then pretty much any network will do

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
Look at any network web site and see what deals they do.

From what I can remember o2 will give you the calls and mins and I think for 5£ they give you 1gb data. could have changed now tho been on giffgaff for two years now.

Only ever been on o2 and giffgaff pay as you got.

Back
Top Bottom