Pay monthly - any other ways of paying than DD?

Soldato
Long story short.....had a credit check refused.....god knows why, i'm in the process of getting my credit sheet sent to me :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway, i need a mobile before the end of the week. Is there any other way of paying for one than DD?

Soldato
Reality Bites said:
Anyway, i need a mobile before the end of the week. Is there any other way of paying for one than DD?
PAYG + cash? If you're desperate get a £30 rubbish phone and put £10 credit on it

fini

Soldato
OP
GuruJockStrap said:
If you had your credit check refused then surely theres no way you'll be allowed a contract phone with the network operator?

it sucks though....got about £4000 in my acc and never miss a payment on anything.

credit scores sucks.

will go through the hassle of getting it checked.

Soldato
It could be for a few reasons you were declined;

* Lack of checkable credit
* A creditor incorrectly reporting your activity
* Someone using your name
* Someone using or prev. used your address

As for pay monthly yes you can pay otherways but your still would get declinded as you would still need a credit check

Associate
ste_bla said:
It could be for a few reasons you were declined;

* Lack of checkable credit
* A creditor incorrectly reporting your activity
* Someone using your name
* Someone using or prev. used your address

As for pay monthly yes you can pay otherways but your still would get declinded as you would still need a credit check

always good to check with say... equifax or experian to see what `is` on your report... computers and people can always make mistakes :(

Associate
Try get a contract with more lax credit checking mobile provider such as;

- T-Mobile
- Three
- Orange (with opt-out)

I find that Vodafone and O2 can be the hardest to get customers onto at work (obviously these have large market shares so they can be more picky with who they accept) and Three.. well they accept just about anybody :D

Associate
Reality Bites said:
Long story short.....had a credit check refused.....god knows why, i'm in the process of getting my credit sheet sent to me :mad: :mad: :mad:

It may also be down to the muppet who did the connection enterting details wrongly. Any miss-spelling in the name/address would cause the credit check to fail you too. I've seen it loads of times. If a credit check fails, you can actually write to T-Mobile and ask them why. If you have no reason why its failed, then its probably down to something stupid. Also though, if you have no history of transactions, i.e. don't cuse credit cards, don't pay bills, networks tend to be wary.

Soldato
OP
conuk said:
always good to check with say... equifax or experian to see what `is` on your report... computers and people can always make mistakes :(

just been going through my report....it shows my mum and dad as living at one address with me (WTF)

No wonder i'm being refused.

Who's going to accept someone with 2 mortgages and 2 loans? (only 1 mine)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
garyh said:
Try get a contract with more lax credit checking mobile provider such as;

- T-Mobile
- Three
- Orange (with opt-out)

I find that Vodafone and O2 can be the hardest to get customers onto at work (obviously these have large market shares so they can be more picky with who they accept) and Three.. well they accept just about anybody :D
In my experience T-Mobile are just as hard as O2.

Associate
Reality Bites said:
just been going through my report....it shows my mum and dad as living at one address with me (WTF)

No wonder i'm being refused.

Who's going to accept someone with 2 mortgages and 2 loans? (only 1 mine)

So you don't live with your mum and dad then?

If you are living at the same address as anyone else your credit report will be linked to them, relatives or not! You can enquire as to why you were turned down and if it is due to the mortgages and extra loan then you will need to contact the credit ref agencies and dissacociate your self from the people you live with.

If you have a loan already and you are registered to vote (ie on the electoral register) then provided you haven't had any past problems paying back credit and you haven't missed any paypments you should be able to get credit.

Soldato
OP
Harib0 said:
So you don't live with your mum and dad then?

If you are living at the same address as anyone else your credit report will be linked to them, relatives or not! You can enquire as to why you were turned down and if it is due to the mortgages and extra loan then you will need to contact the credit ref agencies and dissacociate your self from the people you live with.

If you have a loan already and you are registered to vote (ie on the electoral register) then provided you haven't had any past problems paying back credit and you haven't missed any paypments you should be able to get credit.

no, left home 8 years ago lol.

me and pops have the same name but it's been registered under my old cardiff address.

Weird.

The **** thing is.....the bank that have put the entry on my credit check my parents didn't even go with. it was only an enquiry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haly said:
In my experience T-Mobile are just as hard as O2.

Tell me about it...

I had a hard time yesterday signing up to Tmobile, even though i'm already an exisiting customer (U-Fix priceplan) and wanted to take out Web N Walk 200 also, I had my debit card with me, The Link would accept it, but Tmobile CS wanted a bank statement. I was left stumped but got my phone in the end :)

So yes Tmobile are hard work.

Associate
Reality Bites said:
no, left home 8 years ago lol.

me and pops have the same name but it's been registered under my old cardiff address.

Weird.

The **** thing is.....the bank that have put the entry on my credit check my parents didn't even go with. it was only an enquiry.

That's not really weird, were you trying to get a contract using your parents address? Sometimes people in rented accomodation use a fixed address such as parents to that they always know where bills go, i used to always do it as a student, saved all the hastle of changing addresses every time i moved!

What you will need to do is let the credit ref agency know you don't live at that address any more. But reading again it sounds like your mam and dads details are on your address not their own - in which case your dad was trying to pull a fast one!

Even if you don't take up credit the check still appears on your history, which is why once your refused a credit card/ mobile contract it can be so hard to get one. All the companies probably think hang on so and so wouldn't give them one, maybe they know something we don't and as such refuse you as well.

Plan of action, disacosiate yourself from your parents!

Soldato
OP
Harib0 said:
That's not really weird, were you trying to get a contract using your parents address? Sometimes people in rented accomodation use a fixed address such as parents to that they always know where bills go, i used to always do it as a student, saved all the hastle of changing addresses every time i moved!

What you will need to do is let the credit ref agency know you don't live at that address any more. But reading again it sounds like your mam and dads details are on your address not their own - in which case your dad was trying to pull a fast one!

Even if you don't take up credit the check still appears on your history, which is why once your refused a credit card/ mobile contract it can be so hard to get one. All the companies probably think hang on so and so wouldn't give them one, maybe they know something we don't and as such refuse you as well.

Plan of action, disacosiate yourself from your parents!

nope....i changed my address details when i moved. the address it's registered to is my second address after my parents.

I've made a request to have it removed from my records and i've contacted the bank who put it there as my parents didn't even take out the thing with that bank, yet it's showing that they did.

It's happened before like this. my dad has the same name. Not 2 weeks ago, he phoned his bank asking for a new bank card. They send him one for my account!

Associate
Reality Bites said:
nope....i changed my address details when i moved. the address it's registered to is my second address after my parents.

I've made a request to have it removed from my records and i've contacted the bank who put it there as my parents didn't even take out the thing with that bank, yet it's showing that they did.

It's happened before like this. my dad has the same name. Not 2 weeks ago, he phoned his bank asking for a new bank card. They send him one for my account!

lol what a carry on! theres always name change by deed pole ;)
just goes to show if you dont know whats on ya record all kinda things can go wrong.... good luck mate.

Back
Top Bottom