PC build - 2.5k

Soldato
The endurance of solid state drives of 1Tb capacity is impressive regardless if it’s QLC or TLC. Sure, you can pay more for more durability...
That Corsair MP400 basically costs the price of TLC drive...
While having TBW of 1/8th of most Phison E12 TLC drives (need 8TB for same TBW as 1TB drive) and 1/3 of normal drives.
And that low TBW is with endurance friendly E12 as controller!

Corsair put there really big brand overprice for the tech level.

Soldato
I'm happy with my MP600 and feel I got it for a good price.
Also on the PSU side of things, I bought my Seasonic Platinum unit after a lot of research and in my opinion was best value for money for me.

OP would need a much bigger unit if they want a high performance GPU and CPU.

Soldato
Completely wrong, that's why their reputation is different because the odds of getting a dud aren't the same between all brands. Corsair unfortunately has had a lot more mishaps hence have a lower reputation. It's very simple.
With all big hype fashion brands like precisely Corsair selling lots of standard cheapos and mediocrities with brand sticker also Seasonic wanted to jump aboard that train.

S12 III is made by outside factory and has quality clearly below previous S12 II, which itself was very outdated low end PSU.
And G12 GC is in same segment of product list on Seasonic's site and with same basic warranty.
Neither there's any look inside in product pics, so would expect similar step down in quality of components.
That 80+ Gold efficiency simply doesn't guarantee good quality.

Soldato
I'm happy with my MP600 and feel I got it for a good price.
Original plain MP600 is good high endurance drive with Phison E16 controller and TLC Flash.
Newer "updated" MP600 Core is again cheap QLC Flash drive.
Though guess we should be happy that at least MP600 always means PCIe v4 drive, unlike Samsung using 980 number also for PCIe v3 drive...

MP600 Pro is with completely redesigned full PCIe v4 speed Phison E18 controller.
Which appears to have discarded special endurance friendliness of E12/E16 for aiming top performance.
(though held back by 96 layer NAND in most drives)

Soldato
Completely wrong, that's why their reputation is different because the odds of getting a dud aren't the same between all brands. Corsair unfortunately has had a lot more mishaps hence have a lower reputation. It's very simple.

I am not talking about a unit being DOA, I am referring to the actual psu model. The Seasonic G12-GC is inferior to the Corsair RM. The Seasonic is a budget orientated unit in their lineup when compared to something like the Focus Prime Platinum. As for Corsair they don't make the actual units. They have a hand in the design process, but they use oem's like CWT. The Corsair RMx/RMi and HXi are also all CWT and they are highly regarded units.

Also just because it says Seasonic doesn't mean anything. They have had bad units in their lineup like the M12II/S12II which had protection issues. The Focus Gold had shutdown issues with certian gpu's as well.

Soldato
I am not talking about a unit being DOA, I am referring to the actual psu model. The Seasonic G12-GC is inferior to the Corsair RM. The Seasonic is a budget orientated unit in their lineup when compared to something like the Focus Prime Platinum. As for Corsair they don't make the actual units. They have a hand in the design process, but they use oem's like CWT. The Corsair RMx/RMi and HXi are also all CWT and they are highly regarded units.

Also just because it says Seasonic doesn't mean anything. They have had bad units in their lineup like the M12II/S12II which had protection issues. The Focus Gold had shutdown issues with certian gpu's as well.

Corsairs best OEM is Seasonic. That is who they turn to for the highest end parts…

Soldato
Shame if true, but it seems Corsair still use Seasonic for the highest end parts.

The Corsair units made by Seasonic are no longer in production. You can probably still find some for sale, but they are no longer being made. Also the highest end Corsair psu (The AXi) was made by Flextronics.

Soldato
The Corsair units made by Seasonic are no longer in production. You can probably still find some for sale, but they are no longer being made. Also the highest end Corsair psu (The AXi) was made by Flextronics.

People should buy those Seasonic Corsair PSU’s if the price is right. Almost as good a proper Seasonic IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom