pc build

Associate
I am getting a build for me on an other custom pc site, would this setup be ok. it's to play the new metro.

Case

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8086k (4.0GHz) 12MB Cache

Motherboard

ASUS® PRIME Z370-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)

16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card

11GB ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP

1st Hard Disk

2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

1st M.2 SSD Drive

500GB WD Black™ M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3400MB/s R | 2500MB/s W)

raw
Install OS on: M.2 SSD/mSATA Drive

DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

NOT REQUIRED

Power Supply

CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling

Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking

10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)

USB Options

MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating System

Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Associate
OP
What the price they asking for this ?

Hahaha sorry, just saw 550w for 2080ti.... Dual 8 pins

650w is recommended

they were asking £2,639.00 but I upgrade the case from InWIN 303 RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE. it cost £125.

I am getting the Cambridge Audio TOPAZ SR20 and Bronze 2 speakers. would the sound card suffice?

Associate
OP
heres an update:

Case
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache

https://www.************.co.uk/images/global/down_right_arrow.gifFREE PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Battlefield 1 & More! w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready! (Pre-Order Only)
1st Hard Disk
1st M.2 SSD Drive
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
Sound Card
USB Options
Operating System

@£2,606.00

Is this ok?

Soldato
First off I would advise waiting for reviews on the 2080 ti before committing to it. The price/performance might end up being really bad.

What monitor are you going to be using ?

Associate
heres an update:

Case
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache

https://www.************.co.uk/images/global/down_right_arrow.gifFREE PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Battlefield 1 & More! w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready! (Pre-Order Only)
1st Hard Disk
1st M.2 SSD Drive
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
Sound Card
USB Options
Operating System

@£2,606.00

Is this ok?

Actually if you insist on buying an RTX2080TI then I strongly suggest you consider this instead. What you are getting for your money is much better, that said at this point I would still buy a GTX1080ti unless you insist on having the latest and greatest.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Coffee Lake Pro Gaming Configurator = £2,707.82
    • Motherboard:Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Processor:Intel Core I7-8086K 4.00GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 40th Anniversary Processor - Retail
    • CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - 240mm (CW-9060025-WW)
    • Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:WD Black 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe Solid State Drive (WDS500G2X0C)
    • Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - *System Stock*
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Chassis Support**:Unwanted
    • Power Supply:Seasonic Focus Plus 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Network Adapter:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Monitor:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Case:Lian-Li Alpha 550X Midi Tower RGB Tempered Glass Case - Black
    • Graphics:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti WindForce OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Graphics 2 (SLI / Crossfire):Unwanted
Total: £2,721.92 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Associate
For this your getting the following upgrades:

1. Much stronger PSU as the GTX2080ti will need a very strong PSU and 650w is unlikely to be sufficient, the PSU you are thinking of buying is not strong enough and not very efficient.
  2. Much better motherboard, the ASUS Prime is their entry level series and whilst robust wont have the capabilities of a top of the range motherboard such as Gigabyte Ultra Gaming 7.
  3. Whilst in theory the Intel 8700K and Intel 8086K are identical, performance is better with the 8086K as it has a higher base frequency and boost frequency.
  4. The cooling solution you are looking at is very basic, the H100V2 has two very high quality 120mm fans that use Magnetic Levitation to reduce noise, whereas the single 120mm fan of the H80 is basic.
  5. The memory is better, you could probably get even faster memory than 3000Mhz but the kit specified is a good one.
  6. The case is much nicer than the Corsair 750D which is really a waste for a gaming PC.
  7. When you buy from OcUK you know what components you are getting, the site you’ve suggested will put in whatever stock they have and when your spending that much on a system you really want the best, this way you know you will get a good Gigabyte graphics card and not whatever is cheapest.
  8. The build quality of OcUK is first class, their packaging is first class, their support is first class and whilst they aren’t the always the cheapest, you know what you’re getting and it’s worth the extra in my humble opinion.

Associate
First off I would advise waiting for reviews on the 2080 ti before committing to it. The price/performance might end up being really bad.

What monitor are you going to be using ?

You will need a very good 4K monitor that is more than 60Hz to get the full benefit of a GTX2080ti and these are extremely expensive. Before deciding what graphics card you need to decide on the monitor, for the difference between a GTX1080ti and a GTX2080ti you could get a very good 1440p monitor such as this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...-widescreen-curved-led-monitor-mo-14n-lg.html

Soldato
For this your getting the following upgrades:

1. Much stronger PSU as the GTX2080ti will need a very strong PSU and 650w is unlikely to be sufficient, the PSU you are thinking of buying is not strong enough and not very efficient.
  2. Much better motherboard, the ASUS Prime is their entry level series and whilst robust wont have the capabilities of a top of the range motherboard such as Gigabyte Ultra Gaming 7.
  3. Whilst in theory the Intel 8700K and Intel 8086K are identical, performance is better with the 8086K as it has a higher base frequency and boost frequency.
  4. The cooling solution you are looking at is very basic, the H100V2 has two very high quality 120mm fans that use Magnetic Levitation to reduce noise, whereas the single 120mm fan of the H80 is basic.
  5. The memory is better, you could probably get even faster memory than 3000Mhz but the kit specified is a good one.
  6. The case is much nicer than the Corsair 750D which is really a waste for a gaming PC.
  7. When you buy from OcUK you know what components you are getting, the site you’ve suggested will put in whatever stock they have and when your spending that much on a system you really want the best, this way you know you will get a good Gigabyte graphics card and not whatever is cheapest.
  8. The build quality of OcUK is first class, their packaging is first class, their support is first class and whilst they aren’t the always the cheapest, you know what you’re getting and it’s worth the extra in my humble opinion.

1 - How do you know what psu it will need ? It hasn't been released or reviewed yet so power consumption hasn't been tested. A 650W should be more than fine, and the Corsair TX is a good unit.

2 - The Asus might not be the best of their lineup but it depends on what he plans to do with the system once he has it. If he just wants to switch on and leave the pc as it is then he probably doesn't need a flagship board either. Something in between will more than likely do fine.

3 - The 8700K will be fine. A slightly higher clock speed isn't going to make a world of difference.

4 - The Alphacool Eisbaer LT 360 would be a better cooling solution than either of those Corsair ones.

5 - Ram speed is not as crucial as it is with Ryzen. A 3000MHz kit is good enough unless you can get a faster kit for the same or not much more.

6 - Case choice is a personal thing. The 750D wouldn't be what I would choose but I am not the one paying for it or looking at it every day. If going Lian-Li I would go with the PC-O11.

7/8- I agree on those two points.

Soldato
You will need a very good 4K monitor that is more than 60Hz to get the full benefit of a GTX2080ti and these are extremely expensive. Before deciding what graphics card you need to decide on the monitor, for the difference between a GTX1080ti and a GTX2080ti you could get a very good 1440p monitor such as this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...-widescreen-curved-led-monitor-mo-14n-lg.html

We don't know that until we see some reviews. It also depends on the game in question as to what framerates to expect.

I would rather have a 27" 2560 x 1440 or 34" 3440 x 1440 myself over that 2560 x 1080.

Associate
OP
ok thank you guys. Im indeed waiting out on the graphics card, i was told to wait before but to be honest I hope the RTX cards are no big deal and just get the GTX cheaper on release of the new cards.

Associate
We don't know that until we see some reviews. It also depends on the game in question as to what framerates to expect.

I would rather have a 27" 2560 x 1440 or 34" 3440 x 1440 myself over that 2560 x 1080.

I have a great monitor and totally with you, I have the Acer XR382CQK which is a 37.5” 3840x1600 @ 75Hz with FreeSync. I needed something for work and play so it’s something that’s a great compromise.

In terms of performance, even the nVidia technical marketing manager in an interview with Hot Hardware says the new Turing architecture will be a 35-45% performance from Pascal.

The issue I have with the RTX is more the pricing, and especially the price/performance, the new technology is going to take time to make its way into games and with 7nm (or whatever is the next step at nVidia) then that’s the time to adopt RTX. You could pickup a very good GTX1080ti now and still have great performance at either of the resolutions you mention.

I myself was ready to pull the trigger but had set a budget of £900 maximum, basically that will get me a card that’s broadly a 1080ti with even partner cards coming in at £1,100.

Sad days for gamers at the moment!

Soldato
I have a great monitor and totally with you, I have the Acer XR382CQK which is a 37.5” 3840x1600 @ 75Hz with FreeSync. I needed something for work and play so it’s something that’s a great compromise.

In terms of performance, even the nVidia technical marketing manager in an interview with Hot Hardware says the new Turing architecture will be a 35-45% performance from Pascal.

The issue I have with the RTX is more the pricing, and especially the price/performance, the new technology is going to take time to make its way into games and with 7nm (or whatever is the next step at nVidia) then that’s the time to adopt RTX. You could pickup a very good GTX1080ti now and still have great performance at either of the resolutions you mention.

I myself was ready to pull the trigger but had set a budget of £900 maximum, basically that will get me a card that’s broadly a 1080ti with even partner cards coming in at £1,100.

Sad days for gamers at the moment!

I will wait and see what reviews are like. One thing for certain is to never trust a 'marketing' guy :) I would expect around 25% improvement but we will see.

Associate
I will wait and see what reviews are like. One thing for certain is to never trust a 'marketing' guy :) I would expect around 25% improvement but we will see.

Well based on the leaks posted (Joker Productions) you seem to be very much in the right ball park, the initial figures seem better but when you take into account they compared Founders Edition cards, it’s not exactly an apples to apples comparison since most 1080ti’s from board partners clock much higher.

Back
Top Bottom