PC Can't POST/Reach BIOS - Faulty PSU?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I returned from a break to find my PC won't boot, which was rather a drag. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z370 Auros Gaming 7. It's stuck in a loop getting to POST code 4C as few times, before finally reaching C1 and rebooting. After breadboarding the motherbaord I can see the BIOS LEDs switching from main to backup. Tried single sticks of RAM in different sockets. No other equipment is connected aside from the CPU, CPU Cooler and the PSU. Replaced the motherboard battery, which in turn clears the CMOS.

I took the motherboard (with my CPU still connected) back to the shop I bought it from and they hooked it up to their CPU cooler, RAM and PSU. It went into the BIOS just fine.

I connected my PSU to a tester and it shows the PG value is 40-50ms, which causes it to beep. Apparently anything below 100ms is deemed to be an issue. All the other readings are fine. I'm surprised that the PSU seems to be the culprit as it's a Corsair HX1200 platinum+ rated device and only 2 years old...

Last edited:
Soldato
One good thing here, is Corsairs RMA service is pretty decent. They just turned round faulty memory (one stick gone FUBAR) in 5 working days from raising the RMA.

Good luck.

PS. This includes supplying pre-paid postage for me to send it back.

Back
Top Bottom