PC for (non-gaming) streaming

Associate
Hi

We need to buy/build a PC that is capable of running our front of house projector and be capable of streaming our events, band and talks, but we're on a tight budget and do not need a high end gaming machine, however I suspect it does need decent processing power. Been looking through the Home and Small office options and reckon a slightly upgraded one of these will surfice but was wondering whether someone from OC would be able to help get the spec right.

There are several key requirements,

It needs to be able to receive a HDMI in from a panasonic G7 - probably through either a Legato HD60 PRo (PCI e 1x) or Legato HD60 S (USB3). it needs to be able to run 2 screens and also project to a projector - i don't know if a USB-HDMI dongle would surfice for the 3rd screen, as one screen runs OBS (streaming software) one screen powerpoint/presentations/other graphics/videos that are going into the OBS and then OBS also sends the streaming screen onto the front of house projector. I'm reconning a minimum Ryzen 5 or core i5 processor to do all of that. It also needs a wireless connection.

It also needs to be able to take sound from the sound desk, through a mic in and also send sound to the sound desk via a headphone out cable. I don't want to underspec it, but also don't want to spend over the odds for either a laptop or a small box when gaming graphics/speed is not needed.

Thanks

N

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom