1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC for Video Editing and Rendering

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by VarietyBear, 3 Aug 2019.

1. VarietyBear

Associate

Hi All,

Pretty new to everything hardware related. Just wondering if someone would mind letting me know a decent build for Video editing and rendering for around £800 please?

Thanks,

2. tamzzy

Capodecina

what do you need exactly? just the tower or tower + peripherals?
    self build? prebuild?

3. Sparx

Mobster

Any gaming on this rig? Or just video editing and rendering?

4. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

First and most important question: what software are you using to edit?

5. VarietyBear

Associate

Hi Guys, thanks so much for all the quick replies. I was thinking self build, but whatever works out cheaper. Software, I use Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier. I love the idea of it being able to handle some gaming too, Id like to play planet coaster, but I think that is really graphics heavy?? And no to peripherals or screens, just after a new tower. Ideally a mother board I can make improvements to bits over time.
    Thanks again! :)

6. 4K8KW10

Sgarrista

Hi,

Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core/16-thread, Radeon RX 570, 16GB DDR4-3000, 480GB+1000GB SSD:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £776.87 (includes shipping: £0.00) ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Sparx

Mobster

Why would you spec a 2700X? :confused:

Few quid over, but well worth it imo... 3700X (latest gen) you'll want those extra cores for editing/rendering too. RX580 great gpu for gaming still. 480GB M2 if you need more storage, chuck some in later or re-use your current drives if possible. Case is entirely your own personal preference. Mobo is MAX edition so no flashing needed. Prob scrape £10 cheaper PSU but I like Super Flower PSUs so meh.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £819.85 (includes shipping: £0.00) ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]