*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
Anybody got any experiences dealing with GAMESDEAL.COM? They are by a distance the cheapest for CIV VI and I'm damned if I'm paying the insane RRP for the game.

Their website is very poorly translated but they seem to have a good Trustpilot rating, as far as that can be believed.

Soldato
Anybody got any experiences dealing with GAMESDEAL.COM? They are by a distance the cheapest for CIV VI and I'm damned if I'm paying the insane RRP for the game.

Their website is very poorly translated but they seem to have a good Trustpilot rating, as far as that can be believed.

IIRC they ask you for telephone/verification proof when you purchase. Put me off a bit. When I tried it the phone verification never rang me and I think they ask you to ring a number. Sod that for a game of soldiers.
http://www.gamesdeal.com/guarantee-verification/

Soldato

They're only a little cheaper than CD Keys, I'd pay the extra and know you're gonna be safe.

Permabanned
If a shop asks you to provide anything out of the ordinary then it's probably dodgy and best to avoid, What's that site that asks you to provide photographic ID? Now that smells sooo fishy and who the hell do they think they are when other shops are able to do it the normal way?

Soldato
Agreed, they should be proving to me they're legit, not the other way round! Wouldn't bother with any like that personally, even to save some coin.

Associate
No idea mate, I put off buying this when the port was reported to be terrible. I've just bought the base game.

Despite its imperfections, the game is extremely playable after a number of patches. Yes, there's no SLI profile, and yes, there is no mac/linux version (but really, who aside from the neckbeards really cares about that?) - but the story is worth it for itself, and the DLC actually is worth it if you're a batman fan.

Back
Top Bottom