*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Considering this now...but these require another separate client don't they? Not sure whether I'd rather just wait for a Steam key

I've done the above and taken the trial, took me some time to realise how to connect my Amazon and Twitch accounts though. The games are installed via the Twitch desktop app, so not Steam keys.

Unless you care about the hours logged or cards/achievements, go for this. I already have GOG, Origin, UPLAY, Steam. One more launcher can't hurt..... :p.

Soldato
For those with Amazon Prime, the free games through Twitch seem to have had a format change
and it looks like they're drip-feeding the games rather than announcing them each month...

https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Currently up for grabs:

Pillars of Eternity: July 2 – 4

top_nav_detail_hires.png

Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3 – 9

PrimeDay_CrownAsset_Qube2_2x._CB1529338133_.png

SNK Bundle: July 3 – Aug 2

PrimeDay_CrownAsset_SNK_2x._CB473996515_.png

Edit: found more info - it's a month-long special...

uH64DUZ.jpg

• Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
  • Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
  • The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
  • Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
  • Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
  • Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
  • Manual Samuel: July 5-12
  • Gonner: July 6-13
  • Next Up Hero: July 7-14
  • Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
  • Hue: July 9-15
  • Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
  • Observer: July 11-17
  • Tacoma: July 12-18
  • The Bridge: July 13-26
  • Brutal Legend: July 14-27
  • The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
  • Tyranny: July 16-18
  • Broken Age: July 17-31
  • The Framed Collection: July 18-31
  • Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

Last edited:
Soldato
For those with Amazon Prime, the free games through Twitch seem to have had a format change
and it looks like they're drip-feeding the games rather than announcing them each month...

https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Currently up for grabs:

Pillars of Eternity: July 2 – 4

top_nav_detail_hires.png

Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3 – 9

PrimeDay_CrownAsset_Qube2_2x._CB1529338133_.png

SNK Bundle: July 3 – Aug 2

PrimeDay_CrownAsset_SNK_2x._CB473996515_.png

Edit: found more info - it's a month-long special...

uH64DUZ.jpg

• Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
  • Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
  • The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
  • Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
  • Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
  • Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
  • Manual Samuel: July 5-12
  • Gonner: July 6-13
  • Next Up Hero: July 7-14
  • Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
  • Hue: July 9-15
  • Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
  • Observer: July 11-17
  • Tacoma: July 12-18
  • The Bridge: July 13-26
  • Brutal Legend: July 14-27
  • The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
  • Tyranny: July 16-18
  • Broken Age: July 17-31
  • The Framed Collection: July 18-31
  • Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

Associate
Hows the longevity on this? Seems a big discount to say it hasn't been out all that long.
Seems like your fears might have merit...Eurogamer covered this well in their review -

But in a dozen hours, it's done. You either move onto one of two smaller scenarios, which are deceptively hard and focused around unique themes - one protecting the last seeds on Earth, the other housing an influx of refugees before the oppressive, rich lords arrive - or you play the main campaign again. The thrill, though, dulls considerably a second time around. Not only will you know what's coming, which I found spoiled the fun much more than I was expecting (though you can tinker with difficulty sliders to give yourself more of a challenge), the other, mutually exclusive law-path you can follow feels almost exactly the same. One is Order and one is Faith and Spirituality, and both are eventually as totalitarian as each other.

It's in this way Frostpunk feels like only the beginning: the first chapter of a larger survival story. You cling on and do what it takes to survive the first handful of weeks, but that's it. You never begin implementing the deeper infrastructures of a civilisation because the game isn't concerned with what comes next. It means by city builder standards Frostpunk's vision and playtime are limited, although at £25 it is priced to reflect it.

Soldato
If you're a cheeky scrub, Russian VPN will get you a very cheap price on GOG.

Personally I'm waiting for sandbox mode before buying it.

Soldato
A shorter game actually appeals to me, I don’t have as much time to game and I lose interest quickly unless things change dramatically. I may pick it up later down the line.

The Twitch Prime giveaway is insane, but gutted I’ve already bought PoE but still very chuffed.

Soldato
Call of Juarez games are great, completed Gunslinger not long ago and that was brilliant.

Also I haven't really been playing attention to the games that Twitch been giving away but looking at my collection, I've quite a few gems on there at this point!

Soldato
Call of Juarez games are great, completed Gunslinger not long ago and that was brilliant.

Also I haven't really been playing attention to the games that Twitch been giving away but looking at my collection, I've quite a few gems on there at this point!

Quite! I got SuperHot free and it’s one of my favourite games.

Soldato
SOMA is available at InstantGaming for £2.87

Great deal - I never did complete it (as usual :p), but it is definitely worth it for that little!

Associate
New Humble Monthly went up yesterday - Early unlocks for August are A Hat In Time, Escapists 2 and Conan Exiles.

A Hat in Time looks fun, but as someone who's not had much of a 3D platformer history I'm a little wary. Anyone have any experience with it? The other two games seem a little more mixed...good if the genres appeal to you, otherwise a bit average.

Soldato
CDKeys summer sale

links in first post on HUKD https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cd...nture-299-and-more-xbox-pc-reductions-2978233

Don't know if ApplePay 5% off still works, FB like should.

Back
Top Bottom