*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Is Ghost recon Breakpoint still a broken mess and worth a pickup yet? I tried the demo and was less than impressed but it's been out ages now so maybe they fixed it up?

I was looking at this too, but cant really find much on the recent state

Base game is fine. Gold/Ultimate doesn't add enough content to justify the cost.

Biggest problems with the game isn't bugs but the world is too big, normally that's a good thing but with Breakpoint each area feels so identical (same buildings, very similar layouts of various things) that it very quickly starts to feel like you're doing the same thing over and over. There are a few exceptions where things are quite fun. Also bare in mind you've got the Division style gear score (which "can" be disabled now). I played the game to the end and got my moneys worth (bought in sale) but was glad I didn't pay extra for yr.1 content and doubt i'll have the urge to return any time soon. Most people tend to prefer the previous GR.

As above feel free to try the demo before buying.

Soldato
Might give it a punt then at it's current price but avoid the year 1 stuff. Cheers guys. Also glad you can disable that horrible gear score thing. Never made sense to me at the time why they would use such a system but I suppose it was the current fad so that was that. ;)

Soldato
Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning is £21.99 on cdkeys. Anybody played it?

Played the original, it was a lot of fun. Good story, good combat, atmospheric story, three skill trees you can mix and match from, or max out one branch completely. It probably looks a bit dated even with the re-reckoning, but it's got the gameplay for a third person ARPG adventure.

Associate
Played the original, it was a lot of fun. Good story, good combat, atmospheric story, three skill trees you can mix and match from, or max out one branch completely. It probably looks a bit dated even with the re-reckoning, but it's got the gameplay for a third person ARPG adventure.

Cheers, might give it a go then as I don't mind dated looks if the gameplay is there.

Back
Top Bottom